Invitation to CodeChef February Lunchtime 2020

You can read it. Click on edit history.

1 Like

Yes, I have seen this person always doing personal attacks to many people on discuss.
Even people like @l_returns who help everyone on discuss get attacked by such people. What days have come on discuss :frowning:

3 Likes

Those slangs are equally wrong IMO.

I think we should use the same language which we use to our child or younger brother. The world would be even nicer if we heard everyone as our elder brother. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

He is a nice person. Seems like he disagrees with me :slight_smile:

1 Like

As I said, discussions and arguments are heated. Its fuzzy to censor accurately (like, I can understand if in an argument things get rude, but they still must be within a certain level) - but I feel the phrase ā€œget your head out of your assā€ was simply unrequired. There are a lot of more polite alternatives available.

The ultimate judge in this is that it felt very awkward and unwantedly hostile when I read that, and I will trust my intuition here.

2 Likes

You are right @ice_reme1233 some people came to discussion and create some inappropriate.

The fact that you joined just 2 hours back is equally amusing. So is the fact that you have no guts to tell this from your main account. I donā€™t justify myself to people without a faceā€¦

Thatā€™s not the way how people should show their disagreement :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

woah! Wait. I said, ā€œdont speak through your assā€. I donno where you read that

Donā€™t even try to say that it is my fake account. I speak whatever I want to from my own account. I do not hide behind fake accounts. I have enough courage to speak from my own account.

2 Likes

Yes, now @infinitepro says he did not say this. What a joke ! Anybody can check his edit history lol! @l_returns @anon73162591

He was replying to @ice_reme1233 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Okay maybe. But what will this mean ?
ā€œAmusingā€ ?

Damn, thats a even worse phrase. I would have actually suspended you if I read it right in first instance.

Anyway guys, do not turn this into anti-someone drama now. This thread is for feedback and discussing solutions of problems or resolving contest issues. Propaganda against anyone will not be tolerated.

5 Likes

Why other people can see my edit history? is it fair?

1 Like

I agree with this point about disagreement. I donā€™t know if these people are working professionals or not, but learning how to disagree and putting up your point politely is an art which is very helpful in long run.

With this attitude you may feel superior but in the end you also wish to persuade people to agree to your point (it works both ways, you will also want to listen to the other thoughts). If you people like to read, I will recommend both of you to read ā€œHow to win friends and influence people - Dale Carnegieā€.

Thanks and regards.

3 Likes

Neither of us are professionals. I am a college student and he is school student afaik.
I have apologized to him in PM and I apologise to him here as well if he felt bad about anything. @infinitepro
I just disagree with him. I never intended to have arguments/fight with him. I just disagree with his statements and hence I replied.

3 Likes

@infinitepro is just as well respected as others on discuss. Ever read his editorials? About personal attacks, every single one of them wad with a purpose. Although, he ALWAYS apologized later.
@l_returns is quite responsive and helpful too. Both of them are quite well-respected persons on discuss.

This is because of pathetic people like you who donā€™t have guts to speak out from their original account.
PS: Is this your 30th alt? (Just curious)

1 Like

Please @anon33030125 I know your class and contribution of your few 23 days in discuss. I think, you are a good contributor. But you just did a personal attack too. didnā€™t you?:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ok, yeah. Thatā€™s true :slight_smile: .
Iā€™m willing to get a ban if I deserve one. But I wonā€™t delete this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes