Invitation to CodeChef July Cook-Off 2020

Greetings good people of CodeChef. I hope you’re having a great week.

I invite you to participate in CodeChef’s July Cook-Off, this Sunday, 19th July, from 9:30 pm to 12:00 am IST.

Participants in each division will be given 6 problems and 2.5 hours to solve them.

We will also be hosting a live problem discussion sessions for Cook-Off problems with our panellist Rajarshi rajarshi_basu Basu on 20th July at 6 pm IST. You can register by clicking on the GOING button on the top right corner here.

Also, if you have some original and engaging problem ideas, and you’re interested in them being used in CodeChef’s contests, you can share them here.

Joining me on the problem setting panel are:

Prizes:

Top 10 Indian and top 10 Global participants will receive CodeChef laddus, with which the winners can claim cool CodeChef goodies. Know more here.

Good Luck! See you on the leaderboard!

15 Likes

Planning to take part in a short contest after a really long time. Hope it goes well.

The number of problems has been increased by one. Normally there are 5 problems in short contests.

Yeah, to make it balanced and more interesting.

15 Likes

Please take care of long queues . It ruins the excitement of the contest … as in Coder’s Legacy and yesterday’s Mcode

3 Likes

UPD: Rahul rahuldugar Dugar has joined me on the problem setting panel.

8 Likes

What the announcement says:
“Invitation to July Cook-off”

What I see:
“Invitation to drop your rating”

:joy:

8 Likes

What you actually told :

1 Like

Contest starts in 14 minutes!!

3 Likes

Considering today’s Leetcode contest, and Codeforces Div2, I can’t think anything positive about Cook-off now :frowning:

3 Likes

Announcement’s already been made:
“Note that we have an unusual round, where there are 8 problems in Div-1.”

1 Like

Similar to second question i.e., OR-thodox Distinction an article is found on Geeks for Geeks.
Link:

4 Likes

Check the solution carefully first before claiming anything

I forgot to print length of string in BOJACK due to which I got 3 penalties :pensive: :pensive:

2 Likes

Lol, exactly SAME

when can I submit my code again? anyone please

After few hours.

1 Like

All problems will be moved in Practice section, then you can submit

I can relate xD :’(

1 Like

I just missed MEX-ception because of few seconds… So Saddd man ;’(

1 Like