Invitation to CodeChef July CookOff 2021 (with prizes!)

What is meant by “First-time winners in Div 2 who make it to the top 200 for the first time” ? First time form starting or first time starting today from today ? Say, if I had my previous best rank of 50 (in div 2), and today again I got rank of 50, will I be eligible for prize or not?

1 Like

bhai amazon voucher kab milega main top200 me aya div 3
wait ni hora

5 Likes

+0 rating change from 1836 on div2 rank 974. :confused:

@admin I was just curious about how can two people with the same initial rating and same performance have such a huge difference in rating changes.
teja had an initial rating of 2435 and got 8th rank in the cookoff but received a delta of +5 only. However peti1234 had the same initial rating of 2435 and got 9th rank but he got a rating change of +139, is it a bug or this is how rating calculation works?

1 Like

May be no of contest matters

Teja cook off global rank is better than peti1234. So, imo he received less delta

Yeah maybe it’s the case but +5 and +140 was a huge difference that’s why it seemed a bit odd to me.

It’s to do with the fact that teja has been a lot more consistent, and hence would have lower volatility. You can read about the volatility parameter here.

2 Likes

When and How do we get the prizes? @admin

4 Likes

I was rank 25 in Codechef starters in div3 once, and now I got a rank of 173 in cook-off in div 2, am I eligible for prizes? If yes, how and when do I get them?

The ‘first time’ criteria is based only on contests in which these prizes are offered. So even if a user had come in the Top 200 before the prizes were instated, they can still win the prize now.

The prizes will take around 4 weeks to be distributed after plagiarism checks.

4 Likes

Will plag check be done for previous contests also ?

3 Likes

Does this apply for Div 2 contestants as well?

Priority is first given to checking the prize winners.

Yes

Okay cool. And the rule about Top 10 indian in the rank list. Does that apply to Div 2? Or only Division 1 ranklist is considered there?

Can anyone provide a list of all the people who would be getting amazon vouchers in Cook-Off Div2? I just have to check if I am on the list or not. @admin

@admin, how will the winners be contacted for prizes? Through emails, or some other medium? I haven’t heard anything related to this, and was wondering if I missed some communication.

did anyone receive their prizes? Some of my friends got their august lunchtime prizes.

Yes.