Invitation to CodeChef July Long Challenge 2020

We invite you to participate in CodeChef’s July Long Challenge, this Friday, 3rd July, from 15:00 IST onwards.

The contest will be open for 10 days i.e. until 13th July.

We will also be hosting live problem discussion sessions where our panelist, rajarshi_basu will discuss the Long Challenge problems on 13th July. Find more details here.

Also, if you have some original and engaging problem ideas, and you’re interested in them being used in CodeChef’s contests, you can share them here.

Joining me on the problem setting panel are:

Prizes:

Top 20 performers in the Indian category and top 10 performers in the Global category will get CodeChef laddus, with which the winners can claim cool CodeChef goodies. First to solve each problem except challenge - 100 laddus. Know more here

Good Luck!
Hope to see you participating!!
Happy Programming !!

15 Likes

Hard Problems :worried:

3 Likes

No info about the type of problems?!..looks mysterious anyway we will find it out 2mmrw…waiting for a quality one!

Hope I can solve 1st question!

As far as I know all of these setters are known for freaking hard problems, so be prepared :grimacing:

1 Like

Codechef seems to be alternating in Easy and tough long challenges these days. Easy ones are easy af and hard ones are very tough.
Feb - V easy
March - V tough
April - V easy
May - V tough
June - Easy

2 Likes

12 Likes

“alei round” :grin:

6 Likes

Alei rounds are tougher than alex rounds

I hope this is not again that unbalanced long challenge, where people could hardly solve 4 problems

Balanced long challenge does not exist.
People would say either it is hard or easy.
when was the last time someone said long challenge is balanced.

3 Likes

I am not telling that. Just see June Long, so many people solved upto 7 problems and see May Long 4th question had just few hundred submission. Balanced here means, almost some are able to do atleast subtasks of the last few problems.

2 Likes

indeed i felt it too that last month’s long challenge was very easy… first 5 problems of were like free 500 points and challenge was the only tough thing. GUESSG was easy up till 75 points and CONTAIN was a basic convex hull problem.

1 Like

But that was not the case with div1.

looks like i missed all the very easy ones yet then

True. There were no DSA problems. Every question was a puzzle and logic based except CONTAIN (In Division 2). And tbh convex hull is not a very tough algorithm. That was the first time I learnt the algorithm, and I was able to solve the question in one try.

Hoping to see some questions based on data structures and implementation this time!

3 Likes

After this long challenge i will have to go to a psychiatrist :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Can someone Please help me with this…

Plagiarism

1 Like

But I did’t get any mail regrading plagiarism… check the discussion