Invitation to CodeChef July Long Challenge 2020

No info about the type of problems?!..looks mysterious anyway we will find it out 2mmrw…waiting for a quality one!

Hope I can solve 1st question!

As far as I know all of these setters are known for freaking hard problems, so be prepared :grimacing:

1 Like

Codechef seems to be alternating in Easy and tough long challenges these days. Easy ones are easy af and hard ones are very tough.
Feb - V easy
March - V tough
April - V easy
May - V tough
June - Easy

2 Likes

12 Likes

“alei round” :grin:

6 Likes

Alei rounds are tougher than alex rounds

I hope this is not again that unbalanced long challenge, where people could hardly solve 4 problems

Balanced long challenge does not exist.
People would say either it is hard or easy.
when was the last time someone said long challenge is balanced.

3 Likes

I am not telling that. Just see June Long, so many people solved upto 7 problems and see May Long 4th question had just few hundred submission. Balanced here means, almost some are able to do atleast subtasks of the last few problems.

2 Likes

indeed i felt it too that last month’s long challenge was very easy… first 5 problems of were like free 500 points and challenge was the only tough thing. GUESSG was easy up till 75 points and CONTAIN was a basic convex hull problem.

1 Like

But that was not the case with div1.

looks like i missed all the very easy ones yet then

True. There were no DSA problems. Every question was a puzzle and logic based except CONTAIN (In Division 2). And tbh convex hull is not a very tough algorithm. That was the first time I learnt the algorithm, and I was able to solve the question in one try.

Hoping to see some questions based on data structures and implementation this time!

3 Likes

After this long challenge i will have to go to a psychiatrist :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Can someone Please help me with this…

Plagiarism

1 Like

But I did’t get any mail regrading plagiarism… check the discussion

Waiting for WEIRDMUL editorial. :grinning:

1 Like

Congrats to the winners!

Div 1

1. rns5
  2. abhikalpu_123
  3. krismaz