Invitation to CodeChef May Cook-Off 2020

We invite you to participate in CodeChef’s May Cook-Off, this Sunday, 24th May, from 9:30 pm to 12:00 am IST.

2.5 hours, 5 problems.

We will also be hosting a live problem discussion sessions for Cook-Off problems with our panelist Rajarshi rajarshi_basu Basu. You can register by clicking on the GOING button on the top right corner here. ).

Also, if you have some original and engaging problem ideas, and you’re interested in them being used in CodeChef’s contests, you can share them here.

Joining me on the problem setting panel are:

-Setters: Ritesh rishup_nitdgp Gupta , Vikas pandey__jiPandey

Prizes:

Top 10 Indian and top 10 Global participants will receive CodeChef laddus, with which the winners can claim cool CodeChef goodies. Know more here.

Good luck and have fun!

2 Likes

Very weak test cases in CHEFSHIP
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/33306902
If this passes then idk for what the tester @raja1999 is being paid for :frowning:
@rishup_nitdgp @teja349 @admin

This is being very often now. I think admins should make some strict rules for testers.
In april long challenge STRNO test cases are weak.
I myself hacked two problems in may long challenge ( and reported in comments as well) (but the hack’s were not very trivial so refrained from reporting through email and discuss ). And test files of 3 problems were changed during contest.

I would like to request @rishup_nitdgp to update test files for practice section at least now.

5 Likes

Yes, it was a mistake. We had anti tests for the brute forces. But we had only one such test in a file which surely was not enough to stop them (we thought it was enough).

It was also partly due to me asking to try to reduce the test files and constraints a bit to reduce load on servers. We reduced constraints on sum of lengths after everything was prepared.We messed up somewhere around there.

Author is updating tests for practice version of the problem.

5 Likes

Thank you for the clarification and thanks to the setter for updating test files :slight_smile: