Invitation to CodeChef November Long Challenge 2019

Greetings CodeChef community!

Gear up for 10 days of non-stop coding in the November Long Challenge 2019. This is a perfect opportunity for you to foster your learning while competing with the best. All the problems will be available in English, Hindi, Bengali, Russian, Mandarin and Vietnamese.

Also, if you have any original and engaging problem ideas, and you’re interested in them being used in CodeChef’s contests, you can share them here: Problem Idea Submission | CodeChef.

I hope you will join your fellow programmers and enjoy the contest problems. Joining me on the problem setting panel are:

I hope you will enjoy solving them. Please give your feedback on the problem set in the comments below, after the contest.

#Contest Details:

Time: 1st November 2019 (1500 hrs) to 11th November 2019 (1500 hrs). (Indian Standard Time — +5:30 GMT) — Check your timezone.

Contest link: https://www.codechef.com/NOV19

Registration: You just need to have a CodeChef handle to participate. For all those who are interested and do not have a CodeChef handle, are requested to register in order to participate.

Prizes:

Top 20 performers in the Indian category and top 10 performers in the Global category will get CodeChef laddus, with which the winners can claim cool CodeChef goodies. First to solve each problem except challenge - 100 laddus. Know more here: https://goodies.codechef.com/.

Good Luck!

Hope to see you participating!!

Happy Programming !!

16 Likes

Excited
This will be my first contest in Div 1

9 Likes

You can use the inbuilt date and time conversion tool like this 2019-11-01T09:30:00Z2019-11-11T09:30:00Z

6 Likes

Excited !! and I hope the problems will not be like july challenge one’s because its stated that first one to solve gets laddoos . So , its very obvious that questions will not be easy and more about math

1 Like

Wish that I get 2 stars in this contest :smiley:

8 Likes

Your username is too negative for that

12 Likes

I think July Long had some nice problems (the mathy one was September Long).
I tried to make the contest more balanced. As all things should be.
Also Arjun helped me not choosing too hard cakewalks :stuck_out_tongue:

In tourist style:

35 Likes

Hope this time there will be no problem like TANDON :joy:

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:
(20 char…)

I am kinda ignoring my midsems for this challenge XD
Let’s see how it goes

1 Like

Congrats to the winners!

Div 1.

1. ACRush, 1400 lines of code in the challenge problem!
  2. krismaz
  3. peehs_moorhsum
  4. wrong_answer_1
  5. thuustalu

Div 2.

1. xuanyiming, 61 lines in the challenge problem?
  2. pyblob
  3. louhc
  4. beet
  5. adarshagr8
5 Likes

Please help me in this issue , which is described in this post https://discuss.codechef.com/t/why-ratings-dropped-bug-in-long-challenge/44211/5

And there goes my reting…back to Div 2.

1 Like

I enjoyed the contest in general but the delicious touch was in Pretty Boxes: … “Don’t ask why a box can fit into another box with the same size” :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

“A stack of 100’000 boxes! You shouldn’t have!”

Also amusing that giving her 0 boxes - i.e. nothing at all - counts as a present :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is the test in DDART just weak or my assumption is correct? “The point that every circle passes through have integer coordinates”.
I was generating tests to test my solution and realize it would be hard to do a big test with non - integer coordinates for center and everything else integer, or impossible, but didn’t prove it. Though my asserts passed so I just went along with it. Maybe the problem setter is lazy (well, the problem is identical to a Chinese one I did a few months ago anyways, just increased limit and made the people have to find the middle point).

don’t think about it!

what is going on…is it really 1400 or 140?

Just Kidding

The problem PHCUL had pretty weak tests. Something should be done about it. Please refer to this thread.

@admin @vijju123 @alei @vladprog @yash_chandnani @watcher