Invitation to CodeChef Starters 100 (Rated for All) - 13th September

We invite you to participate in CodeChef’s Starters 100, this Wednesday, 13th September, rated for all users.

Time: 8:00 PM — 10:00 PM IST

Note that the duration is 2 hours. Read about the recent judge migration here.

Joining us on the problem setting panel are:

Written editorials will be available for all on discuss.codechef.com. Pro users can find the editorials directly on the problem pages after the contest. The video editorials of the problems will be available only to Pro users.

Also, if you have some original and engaging problem ideas, and you’re interested in them being used in CodeChef’s contests, you can share them here.

Hope to see you participating.

Good Luck!

2 Likes

wait is over!! :face_holding_back_tears: :+1:

The leaderboard is more than an hour behind - the contest has ended, but the division 1 leaderboard only has submissions up to 51 mins into the contest.

2 Likes

codechef has degraded from what it used to be i hoped for better i will never visit it again going back to code forces

1 Like

happylad, degraded how?

Hey all,

We’re sorry there were some major inconveniences for the participants. Submitting code to the problems had been working fine throughout, but other peripheral stuff (Run, ranklist, live ratings, etc) were getting backlogged, and for a bit the pages were also slow to load. The new judging system worked smoothly, but we seem to have underestimated the increased impact it’ll have on the DB, and so the DB got overloaded. We will positively fix the DB issue in a few days and post an RCA.

2 Likes

Please also fix the submission queue, It was taking a very long time to get a result, Isn’t the new system supposed to reduce the time taken?

3 Likes

When will the ratings get updated?

Please update the bugs in codechef because in starters 100 codechef server down and i couldn’t even submit my problem properly

1 Like

Also the bug with all junior ratings dropping to 1000 is back.

Oops, thanks for reporting. We’ll fix it.

1 Like

A humble request to all admins to conduct contests on weekends or if its not possible to do so , atleast start the contest from 9 pm.

@admin7
@admin4
@admin123
@admin5

Noted. But we don’t plan to change the schedule for now.

Thankyou so much , I asked for the same because due to office hours I reach home late and I hope this might be true for many cp enthusiasts.

1 Like