Invitation to D'code [Rated for Division 2]

Greetings CodeChef Community!

I would like to invite you all to participate in D’code by Amalthea, IIT Gandhinagar. The contest will be 3 hours long and will contain 7 problems.

The contest is rated for Division 2.

All users from Division 1 and Division 2 are eligible for cash prizes of INR 15000.

The problems are prepared by Sachin Yadav.

I would also like to thank Arjun Arul, Taranpreet Singh, Smit Mandavia, Swetanjal Datta and the rest of the CodeChef team for helping with testing and reviewing the problems.

Contest Details:-

Start Date and Time:

1st November 2019 (21:00 hrs) to 2nd November 2019 (00:00 hrs). (Indian Standard Time — +5:30 GMT) — Check your timezone

Please register on the Amalthea website here.

You just need to have a CodeChef handle to participate. All those who are interested and do not have a CodeChef handle are requested to register in order to participate.

Prizes:

• Winner - INR 9000/-

• 1st Runner up - INR 4000/-

• 2nd Runner up - INR 2000/-

Good Luck!

Hope you enjoy solving the problems!

16 Likes

AC will mostly not turn into 15k.

1 Like

Thats local variable.
Its value outside scope…

10 Likes

haha, on point!

1 Like

Yeah. Most of the “AC” won’t turn into 15k.
Not even the winner’s ACs would fetch him 15k (it’s 9k) :stuck_out_tongue:
I guess others might have to be satisfied with the thrill of getting more and more ACs and seeing their CodeChef ratings go up.
We forgot to add a line here :sweat:

if(position > 3) { CashPrize-=15000; satisfaction+=15000; }

Now I think the program should give the correct output.:slightly_smiling_face:

Do participate in the contest @devshiv. Hope you enjoy the contest, more than we enjoyed preparing it. :relieved:

6 Likes

I am relieved that at least someone didn’t point out that the “15000/-” is invalid for an integer value.:sweat_smile:

Let’s initialise CashPrize=0, as if someone doesn’t get any “AC”, most probably ( PS: I mean definitely here) he won’t be getting the prize.

Looking forward to seeing you in the contest @aryanc403 and giving tough competition to all the participants for prize money.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

you are going really deep.

3 Likes

I think you should try to provide us with live ranklist(Div. 1+ Div. 2) during the contest, so that atleast we know who we have to compete with and how much better we need to perform for prizes

6 Likes

what!?
they don’t provide ranklist?

Yes, we also believe it to be helpful for the participants. We will try to provide the live ranklist (Div 1 and Div2) in the contest (but cannot assure as of now). We have asked CodeChef team regarding it. Will post when I get updates from them.

2 Likes

The contest is rated for Division 2 , But Both Div.1 and Div.2 are supposed to take part in it.

So will there be some extra questions which are hard meant for div1 contestants ??

or will you fill the gap by heavy constraints with partial marking… ??

or it will be speedtyping contest ??

Hey, this contest is coinciding with the timing of Codefoces round.Can you please look into it.

6 Likes

The questions are well-balanced, so there is something for everyone to learn from it. :slightly_smiling_face:

As mentioned there will 7 problems, there are no separate questions for Div 1 users.

2 Likes

What can be done now. 8 to 10 is very bad timing. One can’t manage another contest on same day without clash.
If would have been better if codefores round was from 7 to 9 or 10 to 12.

2 Likes

We had requested this from the CodeChef admins, but currently they are unable to do so because they are working on some upgrade to the rank list.

In short, live rank list for combined Div.1 and Div.2 won’t be possible for this contest. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

As the long challenge also starting but how rating will be calculated , after long challenge or on 2 Nov.?

1 Like

After Long Challege. The same happened before.

1 Like

3 Likes

As of now you can check both ranklist individually.
I think you can estimate your rank for prizes.

3 Likes

Thanks to the CodeChef admins, now Div 1 users can also get live rank list during the contest.:slightly_smiling_face:

There would be two individual live rank list for Div 1 and Div 2.
So Div 1 users would get to know their rank among other Div 1 users and people can keep track of both the rank lists for a good idea of their combined ranks.

5 Likes