Invitation to Dementia 2020 (Rated for Div. 2) on CodeChef

Hi all!

Programming Club, IIT Mandi and ACM Student Chapter, IIT Mandi are organizing Dementia 2020, our annual programming contest on 13th August, 8:30 pm — 11 pm IST.

The contest features 5 problems of varying difficulty and contest duration is 2 hours and 30 minutes. The contest is rated for Division 2 on CodeChef (<1800 rating). However, Division 1 can participate out of competition (4* and 5* users especially, should find some problems interesting).

The problem setters for the contest are vishal_nnd0, dj_r_1, rtanmay, pawnage and swapnilrustagi.

We would like to thank jtnydv25 for being the round coordinator on behalf of CodeChef and suggesting a major improvement to one of the problems and smit_mandavia(l_returns) for testing the problems and catching issues that slipped our internal testing, Taran_1407 for an initial review of the problem ideas, as well as the rest of the CodeChef team for managing other logistics of the contest.

Good luck and have fun!

21 Likes

ACM or IOI ranklist?

ACM Style.

Am I eligible to participate? See if my rating decreases in long then I m in div 2 so my rating will change if I give this contest? @dj_r_1 @admin

Please reply fast.

yes

Kuch bhi…bhai saste nashe nhi

I guess your present rating will be counted and ratings due to both the contests will be updated according to your present rating.
Good time for me to be in division 2 :grin:

@admin please clear.

Nope, only those with ratings less than 1800 at the time of contest beginning are eligible for rated.
It is also good for once perspective as if even contest doesn’t goes well you don’t have to worry about the ratings. :slightly_smiling_face:

Also you can participate for practice. :blush:

1 Like

I m just asking man , Ok I will participate just as div1 guy.

Can somebody please give me a tc for which my code fails WA code, I got 5 penalties before I got this accepted using a different approach

Due to the ongoing long challenge, by when can we expect rating change?

how to solve problem 2 helping hand

Its not going to be an immediate rating change obviously ,they will update ratings for both contests simultaneously

1 Like

By when shall we expect combined ranklist to be rendered @dj_r_1 ?

@dj_r_1 please tell me what is wrong in this code…
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/36691206

Solution outlines. Full editorials will be posted soon.

2 Likes

I used trie in Min-Max string but was not able to get the smallest or largest string in logrithmic or constant time.
What trick/method is to be used to do this.

@swapnilrustagi Will you please help me to find the error in my code!