Invitation to Dementia 2020 (Rated for Div. 2) on CodeChef

Will you please look at my code once… I cannot spot the error in this.https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/36691206

I don’t know how to solve this

When will the ratings be updated?wasn’t a good one for me so just curious to see how much i got dropped.

After long , it is written in announcement section of the contest

Answer for N = 7 is 7.
Initially: [1,2,3,4,5,6,7].
Perform (6,7): [1,2,3,4,5,42,42]
Perform (4,5): [1,2,3,20,20, 42,42]
Perform (4,6): [1,2,3,420,20,420,42]
Perform (5,7): [1,2,3,420,420,420,420]
Perform (1,7): [420,2,3,420,420,420,420]
Perform (2,7): [420,420,3,420,420,420,420]
Perform (3,7): [420,420,420,420,420,420,420]
Yes there should be a rejudge

Please do not rank participants on the basis of the other 4 problems. In winning strategy, my comment went unanswered (it still is). I asked if the same number can be picked multiple times (because it was CLEARLY mentioned that we can pick any number). Due to this, I got WA. Although a change was made (I don’t know when), I had to assume that you cannot pick the same number multiple times, which was not mentioned anywhere in the statement and I got AC. You can’t just update it in the announcements thinking that we will keep checking. We have a RATED contest to focus on. For such an easy problem, the weak statement forced me to waste a lot of time deciding what assumptions I should make. I also had to constantly check the comments section. For a problem that can easily be solved in 5 minutes with zero penalties, I solved it in 32 minutes with 1 penalty. It will be extremely unfair for my rating to decrease due to inaccuracies in your end. Please take this into consideration.

2 Likes

Also making the ranklist on the basis of the other four problems is extremely unfair to people who spent a lot of time thinking on the second question.

2 Likes

Any edge cases for the problem Special Power String would be highly appreciated. I have tried it almost 7 times now… Got WA every single time.
Here is my code:
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/36707095

1 Like

When rating will be updated ?

After August Long Challenge

So rating will be updated according to current rating or rating after August challenge?

current rating I guess

Probably never as contest is very likely to be declared unrated

Can anyone explain this approach for BEACIRC- Solution
@vivek_shah98 can you explain your approach

The solution for HELPHAND turned out to have a flaw, and so the problem will have to be scrapped. Since this affects a lot of users, the contest is being made unrated. We apologize for the mistake.

2 Likes

Has it happened in the past that a rated contest was declared unrated because of the reasons akin to this contest?
i am fairly new to this platform.
(lol, i wish it is rated because it got a very good rank in it.)

Will you guys be revealing the division 1 rank list ?

Link to combined Ranklist: Dementia - Google Sheets

1 Like

Thanks for replying !