Invitation to Exun Programming Prelims [Rated for All]

Greetings CodeChef Community!

I would like to invite you all to participate in the Exun 2019 Programming Prelims. The contest will be 2.5 hours long and will contain 6 problems. All the problems will be from IOI Syllabus.

The contest is rated for everyone.

The problems are prepared by Bharat Goyal, Anay Karnik and me.
I would also like to thank Taranpreet Singh, Arjun Arul and the rest of the CodeChef team for helping with testing and reviewing the problems.

Contest Details:-

• Start Date and Time : 11th October 2019 (19:30 hrs) to 11th October 2019 (22:00 hrs). (Indian Standard Time — +5:30 GMT) — Check your timezone
  • Registration: You just need to have a CodeChef handle to participate. All those who are interested and do not have a CodeChef handle are requested to register in order to participate.
  • Registration for Onsite Finals : All Indian School Students are eligible for the onsite finals at Delhi Public School R.K. Puram, you can register here and then fill this form.
  • Prizes: Top 10 performers in the Global and Indian category will get CodeChef laddus, with which the winners can claim cool CodeChef goodies.Other than that, five random participants and the first user to solve each problem will also get CodeChef laddus.

Good Luck!

Hope you enjoy solving the problems!

3 Likes

Test case for problem A were weak. This soln passes. Seems like all the input arrays were sorted.

1 Like

LOL (20 characters limit)

How to solve Chipped Tree ?

The thing to note is that, if you decide to keep chip at some node (say N) then it will be better to transfer the chip to it’s children(*if it has one) as number of children will always be >= 1 and hence you can increase the number of nodes having chips.
Thus the solution is on first iteration we will transfer the chip to nodes with height 0,then to 1 and so on.

Anyone interested for teaming up with me for exun finals?

criteria-max rating-div 1 in codechef or top 20 in exun prelims(school students india)

2 Likes

When will rating update?

1 Like

It has been updated…