Invitation to InfInITy 2k20 (Rated for Div-2)

Greetings CodeChef community!

I, on behalf of the InfInITy Team, would like to invite you to take part in InfInITy 2k20, the first ever rated contest hosted by BiT Legion, the official Coding Club of Indian Institute of Information Technology, Pune , which will take place on Wednesday, November 4, 2020 at 21:00 ISTUTC+5.5. It is a 2.5 hr long contest.

The contest is Rated for Div. 2 on Codechef, but Div. 1 coders are encouraged to participate unofficially as there are prizes for top particpants in combined(Div. 1 + Div. 2) ranklist. We’d be offering you 6 problems with varying difficulties.

PRIZES : Top 3 performers (Div1 + Div2 combined) will be awarded cash prize of INR 5000, 3000 & 2000 respectively.
Registration for prizes - https://infinity.iiitp.ac.in/

Contest Link : www.codechef.com/INFY20
Contest Timing : 21:00 to 23:30 IST

Final

I would really like to thank:

As the poster suggests, the contest is themed around Breaking Bad, so we hope you enjoy cooking solving the problems.

Editorials for all the questions will be posted shortly after the contest ends! .

Please give your feedback on the problem set in the comments below, after the contest.

Good Luck! See you on the Leaderboard…

39 Likes

Why not rated for div1 :pleading_face:? can’t wait till next cook-off.

1 Like

Very Excited… Though not rated for me :frowning_face:

4 Likes

We tried to, but the problemset did not qualify for Div 1 :slight_smile:.
But the prizes are for combined ranklist, so everyone is encouraged to participate.

3 Likes

We have kept Exciting Cash Prizes for (Div 1 + Div 2 combined) top performers, so that Div 1 users dont feel left out :wink:

4 Likes

Nice to see this! Else, comments section often goes empty in contests, here at CodeChef.

Excited for the contest! Thanks Bit-Legion from IIITP, for organizing an open (+ rated for div 2. :grinning:) contest.

Looking forward to compete and learn from it.

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing you on the leaderboard.

1 Like

Can’t wait!!!

2 Likes

Please make rated for div 1 as well @admin

Should I register somewhere for the contest?

You’ll have to register for prizes. For contests, just check back the contest page on CodeChef during contest time.

1 Like

You just need a Codechef username to participate in the contest. But you have to register at infinity.iiitp.ac.in to be eligible for prizes. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Constraints of problemset difficulty and this being our first time hosting a rated contest, we decided to go for Div.2 Rated only.

2 Likes

Excited for the contest!

Excited for the contest!!

What’s up with so much div 1 flex in the comments?

2 Likes

Any penalty on Wrong submissions? And will there be time based ranking?

Cook-off style ranklist will be maintained.

1 Like

Reminder 1: Contest starts in 2 hours!