Invitation to the Montgomery Blair Informatics Tournament 2020 Online Round

@sudheerays123, @anon53253486, and anyone else listening, we think the situation is better now. Submission results may be inconsistent, but we believe grading is now actually working behind the scenes/ We will extend the contest by at least an hour after the original start time. We are very sorry about the inconveniences that this may cause.

(At least for now), please don’t send many submissions at once as it will put a load on the server. Also, for some reason, it seems faster to submit via textbox as compared to file submission.

2 Likes

UPDATE 2: The contest is extended to 1 hour after the original ending time.

(comment for visibility)

2 Likes

@galencolin our team could do 8 problems fully (pretests). I came up with a “better” solution for one of the problems and submitted it at around 2:25 am IST (5 minutes before the end). It ended up doing worse than the previous one so I wanted to resubmit the original one. Then suddenly the website stopped working. Is there any way that I can submit the previous solution now?

1 Like

Can you allow private messages (forum settings)?

Actually, just post your code here (formatted), I guess we’ll judge it manually

Sorry, I don’t see any option.

Snake moves.

#include <bits/stdc++.h>
using namespace std;
int main(){
   int w,h,x,y;
   cin>>w>>h;
   cin>>x>>y;
   int tx,ty;
   int m=0,n;
   cin>>n;
   for(int i=0;i<n;i++){
      cin>>tx>>ty;
      if(abs(tx-ty)==abs(x-y)){
         m+=1;
      } else if(tx==x){
         m+=1;
      } else if(ty==y){
         m+=1;
      } else {
         m+=2;
      }
      x=tx;
      y=ty;
   }
   cout<<m<<"\n";
   return 0;
}

Is it possible to see the leaderboard?

It will be out soon. Team name?

Team name: noobs.

Your submission has been judged, and final scores will be out soon after we fix other submissions with the same issue.

1 Like

Scoreboard is now out, and finalized! It takes a while to load, so just keep the leaderboard page open.

1 Like

Thanks for this lovely contest. The problems were great!