Invitation to ZCO Scholarship Contest 2019

Greetings CodeChef community!

I would like to invite you to participate in CodeChef’s ZCO Scholarship Contest 2019. It is a 3 hr contest especially aimed towards providing scholarships to school students appearing for ZCO 2019 .

Joining me on the problem setting panel are:

I hope you will enjoy solving them. Please give your feedback on the problem set in the comments below, after the contest.

Contest Details:

Time: 2nd November 2019, 19:00 hrs IST to 2nd November 22:00 IST.

Contest link: Contest Page | CodeChef

Registration: You just need to have a CodeChef handle to participate. For all those who are interested and do not have a CodeChef handle, are requested to register in order to participate.

Prizes:

School Students (upto class 12th) who have not previously appeared for ZIO or ZCO are eligible for the scholarship. If you have previously participated in ZCO or ZIO, you will not be considered for the scholarship. Winners shall be announced after plagiarism check.

The distribution of scholarship is as follows-

• Rank 1 to 50: Will get 100% scholarship on ZCO exam fee
  • Rank 51 to 100: Will get 50% scholarship on ZCO exam fee
  • 50 randomly selected students will get 50% scholarship

Good Luck!
Hope to see you participating!!
Happy Programming !!

3 Likes

will the format be like lunchtime or like ZCO

1 Like

You can read about that in Judging criteria of the contest page :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Is there any way to participate unofficially?

1 Like

Sorry, that is not possible. But we will move the problems to Practice as soon as the contest is over.

1 Like

I am a coder of class 9, but have given ZCO before, so can I take part in the round?

Yes you can. But you will not be eligible for the scholarship.

1 Like

was it a typing test?Now I can do topcoder as well.

edit:I am now yellow on topcoder after the srm

1 Like

atleast one problem should have been a nice dsa one.whats the point of having all problems cakewalk and ad-hoc.ZCO is not like this

3 Likes

True!! (10 char)

1 Like

I am second and the difference in time between first and second is in seconds not even in minutes.lol

1 Like

I am 4th, the diff between me and you is in seconds. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I attended by mistake (BTW, problem ZCOPREP was interesting. That edge case, woooh!!!).

I did all 3 problems and found very easy. Then saw the contest invitation and found it’s for school students :stuck_out_tongue: :open_mouth:

What was that edge case in ZCOPREP problem? I got AC in one go, that’s why I am asking.

1 Like

I missed the case when for example,

T = 1
N = 1 M = 1 S = 12
H[] = 14

I printed 1, Then I realized, It is zero. Not THAT kind of edge case, But it’s just a Bad mistake. It took sometime to realize this.

Ohh, I had simplified the problem.
You can see my solution.

1 Like

Will this contest take place this year too, and if yes can u please tell the date. @vijju123