Is 100% attendance Laddus Name correct?

He said, you need to get non-zero rating for every contest (Long, cook, lunch) during that year.
Which means, If u couldn’t solve any q/s in div1, then submit wrong solution for div1 problem A (If you really want laddus, in which case, You will get -150 ratings so for not performing well).

Plus, You can always solve problem A,B of div2 to improve your confidence.

Hope I’m correct. Correct me If not @vijju123

I have already raised this issue earlier when I just got 30 pts in whole contest.
They said it shouldn’t be allowed otherwise div1 people will just submit 1st problem of div2 to get streak and div1 will get extra advantage by not participating and getting streak without ratings being affected.

1 Like

Nope You need “NON-ZERO score” in your div for keeping your streak.

Oh. I didn’t think about that. But maybe then the rating for reaching Division 2 can be increased. And also the time the user has been active on CodeChef can be taken as a factor.

Exactly. How do you get Non-zero if you solve only problems of div2 being in div1. You will get zero only.

That’s why submitting wrong sol for div1 problem 1, will get you negative rating and you maintain streak. That’s what I meant.

You get 0 score even by submitting div1 problem 1. You will loose ratings but you won’t get streak.

I more suggestion to yo all.

Just for 1000 laddus, you guys just participating in every contest looks like some kind of ewww!!! thing.

Learn! Learn!! Learn!!! Fail Fail!! Learn More!! Learn again!! Fail again! Keep Failing and Keep Leaning!! Fail 30 times in a row! Nobody gives a shit about it!! Never giveup on practice!! Keep leaning!! again and again!!

Finally, you will get 200+ laddus every contest.

Hope It helps!

1 Like

OOps! I didn’t knew this. Sry.

1 Like

They said they will make sure that user with ~1800 ratings ( given that he has achieved 1800 without copying) will be able to get non zero score in all short contests.

Nope That’s not good. One might say he was solving it on offline ide and on pen and paper.

1 Like

I have streak since NOV 2017. That’s like nearly 70 contests.
It motivates me to participate more.
Some of my friends don’t participate often because they don’t have any streak. I cancel everything else thinking that I have to save my streak.
It can be a sort of motivation for people to learn :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hey : https://www.codechef.com/users/chaand_pe_hun
Check it out, For example. He didn’t solve any in div1. But he lost rating.
So streak continues, If you can’t solve any in div1 also.

As I said, you need non zero score. Those problems are unscorable hence no.

1 Like

Sure, a streak is something which really motivates you a lot (more than your greed for laddus) but this is actually a worthy issue. What if someone has been consistent for a long time, taking part in every contest but then one fine night he comes across a cook-off or lunchtime which is comparitively harder (imagine in case of someone going to div1 from div2) and then realising that he cannot successfully solve a problem. So you have two options either you continue your streak which gives you motivation and loose your new status of div1 which took a hard time to get into or loose your streak and save your div1 status. Both are undoubtedly bad options for you

Oh you meant non-zero score. Achaaa!!!
I thought non-zero rating.

I think that’s a bug then and not a good feature.

It should be like, even if some one couldn’t solve a problem in div1 (min he submitted 1 solution for a scorable problem). They should be able to maintain streak.

If you think, someone will just come and submit some random solution every contest and leaves in 1 minute just for laddus. Imagine who would do so just for 1000 laddus because he needs to wait an entire year. + he gets negative penallty rating.

@heiseinstein, shouldn’t have faced this issue.

I will make one script which will submit it on my behalf in every contest from 5 different accounts. XD
Program will be hello world :stuck_out_tongue:
Why do I care about ratings from my fake account.

2 Likes

Could you call this “Laddu Farming” ? Maybe a second account where you solve only cakewalks and leave.

I get your point. But, Have some criteria to verify if it’s a valid user.

May be in 1 year. 12 * 3 = 36 contests. Keep some threshold, where he needs to participate all 36, but get atleast non-zero score in some 25 - 30 contests outta 36.

1 Like

I would keep that threshold to 33 at least (maybe 34 or 35).
You get three chances (Or even less number of chances )
Given that they are already keeping one easy and solvable que/subtask in each contest.
But I am not in authority to do so. You can request them. This might work.

3 Likes

@heiseinstein, Check it out and pl mail them with my solution.
It might help in future.

It was your solution :stuck_out_tongue: . Not mine.
I just agreed that this seems fine. Don’t give me credits for free. :slight_smile:

1 Like