Is 100% attendance Laddus Name correct?

Hello,
I just want to know is 100% laddus name correct. I recently moved to Div-1 by very good performance in a cook off. Now, I am trying my ass off for 150 or 165 mins to get a single score on board but could not as suddenly all questions this time are so hard. I mean It’s ok to have hard question but at-least have a brute force partial score for noobs who just climbed a ladder. Now, All my 10 months dedication is completely wasted. Thanks to super hard Problem(Acc to me, yeah!! I know i am noob but i did not asked to be put in div1).
@admin @vijju123 please make sure there is room for noobs too.
I would request you make this lunchtime an exception as you did for one once before.

6 Likes

So, You have to solve atleast a problem each contest(Cook, Lunch and Long) to be eligible for 1k laddus at the end of the year?

2 Likes

I have no idea about the contest. We have made exceptions when P1 were too tough in past. Was it the case this time?

Can the community help me in getting its side of view? I have no idea of contest.

1 Like

You need to have a non zero score to mark attendance.

1 Like

I can understand your feelings…
This happened to me as well…but with different situation…after being consistent for 10 months…I just forgot to give cook-off just becoz of my semester exams

1 Like

It was fairly balanced contest acc. to me. Just try to have good setters (kth number) in cc.

2 Likes

@devkumar123 WHAT!!!:no_mouth: That’s completely opposite. I did not for forgot it. I just could not solve it in 3 hours. I tried reading some grundy theorem and what not, just to do that question.

@nj099 I am not sure if it was that easy but i would believe a recent 4 star more than 6 star.(No offense)

Um… Tbh, BOXGAME97 was just observations. It wasn’t quite unsolvable.

3 Likes

Question 1 was fairly simple.
And there were many subtasks as well. I don’t think it was exceptionally difficult.

4 Likes

I have already said that …that happened to me due another reason…

1 Like

Questions 1 had subtasks! why i cant see them? :thinking:
Also I don’t think there is any brute force subtask in div1for any question :thinking:

1 Like

Counting inversions again’s Subtask was easily available on Google.
It was just “find inversions in an array in O(n*log (n))”
That could have been solved easily.

2 Likes

I said other questions had subtask.
Que2 Subtask was classical easy problem. Just one Google search will give you AC.
And Que1 was easier as well.

nice. again i am noob :upside_down_face: .

That’s what my point is. Is 100% attendance title correct because i was present for 150-180 mins and if i can’t solve it, it just proves I am div 2 worthy candidate(which i am). but dont call it 100% attendance then. call it 100% attendance for pro div1 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Have you tried solving que2 ?
I have seen people solving same que for 3 hours instead of looking at other problems for partial.

2 Likes

nope. I could not comprehend question in first try.

1 Like

I keep the decision on them.
I would suggest you to be careful from next time and don’t just keep solving same problem for more than an hour if your score is 0.
Read problem again and again if you can’t comprehend and ask in comment section.
They always generally keep a solvable subtask ( or they make an exception for 100% attendance for that contest). It need not be in que1.

1 Like

I have a doubt related to the 100% attendance which may or may not suite this thread but I had to ask about it.

So, lets say you are now div1 and just like @heiseinstein faced the issue you are not even able to comprehend or solve even one problem in div1 so in that case, can you solve one of those unrated problems of div2 available below separately ? Does that count in your attendance while still being unrated ? @vijju123

1 Like

Nope you can’t do that
And I think they consider 100% attendance when it’s unrated.

This is actually a good method.