Is it just me or is everyone getting emails for plagiarism on STARTERS115(div 3)

I couldn’t solve this problem during the contest, so after the contest ended I was going through the solutions. And I found this EXTREMELY FISHY solution, it was something with boys/girls etc in the variables which was irrelevant. So I ran the test cases and it passed, I further submitted the answer to see if it would actually clear and it did, fast forward around 5 days later I get a mail for plagiarism. Why was this problem even counted if I submitted after it ended

@admins please help out

CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone was submitted while the contest was running.

1 Like

I know, that’s what my dashboard shows as well, that’s exactly my issue. I submitted after the live ratings froze. But it says submitted within contest. Is there any possible explanation for this?

You probably assumed that it was a 2 hour contest as usual. Whereas this was a 2.5 hour contest.

Oh yes, that is the issue I presume. But is there anything I can do to remove the plagiarism triangle from my ratings graph/ nullify that question alone. Really didn’t mean to violate any code of conduct, I just stupidly overlooked the fact that the contest timing had changed from 2 to 2.5.

But I’ve applied to a few internships that are currently processing, don’t want this to be an issue [I’ve went to 1 star and got a -275 :frowning: ] . Please help me out. Sincere apologies for this, but if you can help I’ll be grateful @admin

My brother in Christ, how were you going through solutions while the contest was still running? As the admin said it was for 2.5 hrs.

1 Like

Hmm, man at this point I don’t know what’s going on tbh. I could view the solutions at that point and I’m pretty sure when I submitted it said submit in practice. But I was told my submission was made within the contest by the admin and that the contest wasn’t 2 hours as usual…could there be an issue due to time zones or something? But haven’t faced such issues previously -