Is there a way to load the old problems page by default?

I don’t like the new interface with the code editor next to the problem statement. I understand that there is a full screen button to hide the editor and a ‘switch to old problems page’ link as well. But clicking them for every problem is annoying. Is there any way to go to the old problems page by default?

2 Likes

Yeah, as an old CodeChef user (when CodeChef belonged to Directi, not Unacademy) I was shocked to see the site change so drastically. Personally, I feel most changes are definitely for the better. However, I do agree with OP @dumbledog that there should be some setting to get to the old problem page by default.

As far as I am aware (checked a week or two ago), there is no such option available… I could only find settings to Show/Hide problem tags by default.

Honestly, I don’t really mind the new problem page, but I sure am more comfortable with the old one. I think there should be an option to make this change @admin
At the same time though, this is kinda similar to Google Kickstart’s problem page, so might as well be accustomed to this.

1 Like

We will definitely be sunsetting the old UI in a while. So unless there’s some concrete suggestions you can give which we can work upon, we’d recommend that you just get used to the new UI :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @admin why do none of the new problem pages have links to Editorials or embedded video solutions, et cetera? These were really helpful while solving problems and were a good feature of old problem pages.

Maybe you could add these features to the new problem page as well

@wicked_knight — both text & video editorials are present under the “Solution” tab

oh, my bad. I didn’t notice… oof

The new UI actually takes longer than the old one to load… I think the UI could be made a bit faster…

1 Like

We went backwards with this UI, copying Google Kickstart or some…
How can such higher load times be justified?