Is this how to send private messages in Codechef?

I thought we had no way of messaging individual coders in Codechef!
But I just realized that we can actually private message other coders in discuss.codechef.com.

UPD: It doesn’t work

The plus icon near to “Create new topic” after you click “+New Topic” is actually for direct messaging other people! :man_facepalming:t4: :man_facepalming:t4: :man_facepalming:t4:

I’m don’t think that works.

1 Like

Yep, I just tried to send someone a message. And it said I can’t send to that user.
:man_facepalming:

@admin @ssjgz Is this a bug?

No dms are disabled by admin :frowning:

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Lol , that’s a really strange thing to do.
@vijju123 was able to send me a private message few months back.
I guess only few selected people have access to this premium feature.

Moderators/Admins can send dms.

2 Likes

Let’s start an online protest for freedom of (private)speech! :rofl:

4 Likes

When you continuously reply to same person in a thread, you get an option to send a private message to that person. I don’t know if that works for members. Secondly, there is one greetings page for you and chef(bot). I use that page for private things. There is also an option to add people there. Again, I am not sure if that works for members. Most probably that doesn’t work for members. There are some good reasons why there is no option to dm on Codechef. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Are there any? Maybe people can send DMs asking for help which is annoying, but you can always ignore them.

1 Like

I don’t think members can do so! Again not sure.

No I am saying that it should be allowed. My last post was ambiguous I believe. sorry for that.

1 Like

What’s the point of monitoring?
If they fear that people will cheat using DMs and they can’t monitor it, then it’s useless because people can cheat using other communication methods.

1 Like

Hey admin please help I am wrongly get penalysed in start30c i sent mail regarding this to help@codeshef.com but cannot get any reply from two days .So please suggest that how to contact with them

1 Like