Lecture for Dynamic Programming

Hey, Everyone, I am new in CP. I want to learn Dynamic Programming. I am zero in Dynamic Programming. and I watched some videos related to Dynamic Programming. But I am unable to get. so Where can I start Dynamic Programming? I am zero so suggest me some good website to learn and practice. Thank you

2 Likes

Bro You solved problems like GDSUB LAPD(of this sept long challenge ) using DP i have read your solutions are you sure you donā€™t know DP .Nice solutions though
Iā€™m also new to DP you can checkout this article Topcoder

1 Like

Go to YouTube, it has many playlists on DP

Some of the channels having DP videos are

1. Back to Back SWE
  2. Tushar Roy
  3. CodingBlocks
  4. Gaurav Sen
  5. Rachit Jain

Iā€™ll add more as i discover because Iā€™m also learning DPšŸ˜‚

5 Likes

GDSUB is very basic problem. LAPD is not based on DP.

1 Like

Dp is all about thinking and imagining. Also, the more tricks you know, the better it gets.

To improve the above things, first study all classical dp concepts, then go to cf problemset and solve as many dp problems as possible.

12 Likes

from where to learn dp optimizations?

Try youtubeā€¦

I found this useful DP Tutorial and Problem List - Codeforces

MITOpenCourseware YouTube playlist on DP: Lecture 19: Dynamic Programming I: Fibonacci, Shortest Paths - YouTube

Watch the lectures delivered by the long hair guy, theyā€™re great.

1 Like

Hope it Helps !

this is a good one as wellā€¦

Forgot to mention the ā€œeducational DP contestā€ on atcoder.jp
Those problems are designed in such a way that one who solves them gets an intuitive understanding about DP. You get TLE for recursive Memoization, it forces you to think about how the recursion DAG will be and which old solution is reused where, and make you write bottom-up to get an AC

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

yeah, 5 star and learning dp ,nice!

1 Like

The learning process continues until the day you die.

-Kirk Douglas

:wink:

5 Likes

Codeforces has a blog on it. CP algorithms has articles on Divide and Conquer Optimisation and Convex Hull Trick. SPOJ has nice problems for practice, one such that I remember is ADAMOLD, can be solved using Divide and Conquer Optimisation and Knuth Optimisation.

There are things within DP that you may not have known even after being a 5*. Not so wice comment. :confused:

3 Likes

Aaditya verma best on youtube.