Length of long challenge

Dont forget that there is a challenge problem as well. Which people cant solve in a day or 2.

2 Likes

Can’t you read ?

See…if u compare previous 3-4 long challenges you will see that there is hardly 1-2 problems in overall which requires time while the motive of long challenge should be to introduce problems of new concepts and each problem should be of at least 1-2 hr…Also I have mentioned that number of problems should be increased…Don’t just randomly point out some problem of 6 months old challenge…Just see the level of Long challenge in 2014-2016 to now…

Why do you even care about plagiarism. Care about your own learning that happens due to long challenge. Is it like you cannot control yourself from doing cheating for 10 days ?

Why don’t you do cf round. We already have those type of contest. Why should they make all contest which suits you. Let long challenge be for others. You can enjoy your CF rounds.

No one is stopping you. You need less time (say x days). Just start looking at problems x days before it ends. Most other people including beginners need 10 days of time. You’re free to use less amount of time.

1 Like

It isnt a random problem. I solved it and its implementation is …

1 Like

Just don’t start contest for first 6 days and you won’t have to wait for anything. Issue resolved.

2 Likes

That’s is not the case. They don’t do cheating for earlier days because contest is for 10 days.
If it will be of 5 days then they will start cheating early. Even one day is enough for cheating.

It’s better if you use a decent language…

Do you make contests??..First of all, this question was not for you and second let the @admin decide what is appropriate…

2 Likes

NO

+1

XD He is the one who kept it to be of 10 days

Yes…exactly and the request is to reduce it for further contests…

I will approve for ARMYOFME. I am not aware of the algorithm used in some faster AC submissions right now, but looking at the memory usage of the majority of submissions I can say it’s the same algorithm as mine. In which case the code is way too godamn long to be included in a short contest, and the constant optimizations to fit in the strict time limit will get it rejected straight away.

5 Likes

Maturity is when u realize that long challenge is just for fun and learning… If want to show off your cp skills or want more challenge, do short contest…

3 Likes

Or solve more problems and get a good rank instead of pulling down other beginners/people by reducing time of contest.

3 Likes

This is the reason why I only do short contests. I rarely do Long Challenges.

1 Like

Real fun of long challenge starts after 4th problem of Div.-1 . Thats what I live for <3

5 Likes

I agree that the difficulty of Long has degraded a bit these days, but we experimented with this in Feb-March and requested for harder problems. Then @alei showed us May-2019-Long-Challenge(Solving 3.5-problems give top ranks-in this long, imagine the difficulty level lol) . Since then, we better keep out mouth shut :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I like long challenges since I am just starting out with Comp Programming. If I want to experience pressure of time, I could do CF contests. IMO, there should be proper variety of all kinds of contests for all kinds of people.
As for plagiarism, it shouldn’t really bother you if you’re just here to learn like most people.

1 Like

I couldn’t have ever imagined solving all scorable problems in my set if the long challenge weren’t of 10 whole days! :smiley:

2 Likes

A 10 day long challenge would be better if it contains datastructures and algorithmic problems but not the questions like pattern finding . Spending 10 days time on pattern based questions is nothing but wasting our 10 days life span. These problems haunts us every day and night untill it is solved even it is a pattern based question.That’s the reason why many people are getting vexed with long challenge. These days , the long challenge either contains mathematics based questions which are taken from olympiad contest papers or pattern based questions which almost costs a research to find the solution.

6 Likes