Linkedin internship test cutoff

On-campus bro…

1 Like

It was off-campus

Can anyone share the constraints of the Volume problem please?
Please share the approach too!

1 Like

i dont expect ans from fake ids

2 Likes

how many questions you guys solved?

Yeah sure.
Use this property:
(x+y) = (x^y) + 2*(x&y)
We are provided the value of x+y and x^y
Then (x&y) = (Sum - Xor)/2
Now this is proves the base conditions-

1. Sum must be greater than XOR.
  2. Sum- XOR must be even.
  3. If Sum==Xor, then Sum=0 and Xor =Bi

Now the above (Sum-XOR)/2 is only possible if (x&y) == 0 as can be proved above.
So, if X= (Sum-Xor)/2, then Y=Xor+ X

2 Likes

I have solved all three problems. 2nd problem was easy and 1st and 3rd were medium imo.

Can we expect the cutoff to be 2 or 2.5?

1 Like

How can we get this type of approaches? I think we should have solved this model problem earlier. Can I know how can I get these type of questions?

Here you go.
Problem
Problem 2

1 Like

knapsack runs in n^2 and I remember the volume problem had constraints of nsqrt(n). correct me if I’m wrong

1 Like

Was this internship for 2022 graduates?

Yes

I talked about the idea of knapsack in general.
Either take the item,
Or don’t take the item.

Here is the solution.

Summary

You can make dp[id][taken] as the maximum volume we can take,

Then you can sort the input based on start time.

Transitions will be easy then,

Take current element at id.
dp[id][taken] = max(dp[id][taken], dp[new_id][taken] + volume[id]);
To find new_id you can binary search.

Or, Not take current element at id.
dp[id][taken] = max(dp[id][taken], dp[id + 1][ !taken ]);

I wrote dp with recursive approach coz i have hard time writing iteratively.
But you got the general idea like knapsack, Take or Not Take.

2 Likes

So, there were three places from where the 1st question’s solution could have been copied by candidates

https://atcoder.jp/contests/abc050/tasks/arc066_b

This seems to be pretty unfair for those candidates who would have tried to solve the question themselves. The only remedy for this seems to me is that the 1st question is removed and only 2nd and 3rd are taken into consideration. I think if we all write a mail to the recruiter at ckurian@linkedin.com (the one who sent us the test link) , then something is possible. Change will only happen if we take action. so this is my sincere request to all you guys, it will only take 5 mins , but it may work and increase your chances of getting selected

3 Likes

yeah this thing sucks i have friend who say that he copied from gfg but exception also can be there who had solved this question previously also, so there is no specific solution.
these kind of specific problems should not be asked in oa according to me .
ps: i was not able to solve first completely

lol.
Don’t spam the recruiter xD

By that logic , the 2nd question is the most basic ques everyone does when they learn bfs and you can find it anywhere. So, you want that removed too?

I agree that all the problem you mentioned has similar approaches, but you cannot copy paste any of them as they are still different.
Also 2nd problem is a standard Bfs problem “The rat maze problem” with just a small variation that min path should be 5. Check this problem, its exactly same with a little change. Problem. Then they have to remove this too lol

I agree that all the problem you mentioned has similar approaches, but you cannot copy paste any of them as they are still different.

The difference from the gfg solution was just that you have to do it for n values i.e. for the whole array instead of just 1

2nd problem is a standard Bfs problem “The rat maze problem” with just a small variation that min path should be 5. Check this problem, its exactly same with a little change. Problem. Then they have to remove this too lol

Actually why I am suggesting to remove the 1st problem is because that will have a major impact in the ranklist, the 2nd problem must have been solved by most of the people, its inclusion or exclusion will not make any difference. Injustice is created because of the 1st problem not the 2nd one