Long Challenges keep being unrated

yes i agree on this.

yes. I agree its not the best solution. I hope they are taking this time when div 1 and 2 are unrated to plagiarize bad participants.

This is the only way it would work. And this is beyond stupid. They have provided no reason to not run MOSS. even if there is a lag of months. They can still run MOSS month by Month and declare the moss results.

I guess this is because of 2 reasons.

1. First Doing moss by month and not in collective months can result in irregular ratings depending on how ELO Rating works

2. Finally CP is famous and they are trying to keep users on the platform. May Be sell courses

Now Before you judge me ask this. CCDSAP Has been around for how long and knowing its hard how many people went for the certification. Certification is hard to sell. Courses May not be

2 Likes

I hope so. But Bad things are always around the corner when you think you are winning. Also @admin is quite silent on this matter. I am pretty sure People have mailed to help@codechef for so long. I myself have done this for 3 months now. Atleast necessary action should have been taken against them.

There MOSS Team incompetency is starting to suk at this point now

So does this mean my Long Challenge rating is frozen forever ? Because the last 4 month long challenges were all unrated.

The thing is since I am now a working professional I cannot take part in short contests. Long contest’s gives freedom of time to solve the problem at my own time and convinence.

One thing I can suggest is to keep long contest’s rated but keep them as a seperate rating and let it not affect the overall rating.

1 Like

Is there really a big problem to participate in short contests on weekends? It’s like only 3 hours and then it’s over.

As for the current long contest, my main concern is that I’m not sure if I have enough spare time to participate in it seriously (with the intention to get a good rank in the scoreboard). How many hours total do people usually spend on a single long contest?

@ssvb
To do good in short contest, you need daily practice, upsolving and training to keep yourself in shape.

There are people who can do good in short contest even after a long break, but majority of the people will loose their speed and accuracy if they stay away from CP.

Long contests are great in that way, you don’t have to rush and code and you can code whenever /wherever u want, it can be at breakfast table, bedroom, metro etc.

3 Likes

Since it is rated only for Div. 3, why are you expecting Div. 1 rated problems in them? We all know why’re Long Challenges for Div.1 and Div.2 are unrated, better not raise such sensitive topics again and again.

1 Like