Long Challenges

This is just a suggestion but codechef should stop conducting long challenges instead it can be broken down to one or more small challenges so that there will be less or no chances of cheating and we will atleast have more rated contests in a month.

8 Likes

true!

i personally feel long challenges are particularly helpful, because it gives me the freedom to code at my own pace while learning particular concepts, like suppose if there is a question i am not able to solve then i try finding similar questions, solve them and then repeat.
All-in-all it is a great learning experience.

2 Likes

Agree with your argument but that can also be done on practice problems or previous contest problems. The point is; this cheating stuff boils down the sprit of competitiveness and we also have just a few rated contest in a month

1 Like

yes. +1

3 Likes

Hey , alexa show me some topic to spam .
Alex -

2 Likes

I don’t think it’d be harmful if people were cheating bc time isn’t used for ranking in the leaderboards, so you’ll get your score without getting effected by the cheaters, also the long challenges give you the freedom of switching between problems and solutions for each one at your own pace which is a different skill from the strict time contest.

2 Likes

bro all ur submissions for this long challenge are in a span of 2 hrs . what freedom to code at my own pace are u referring to

2 Likes

Exactly, when we are stuck, we always have the option to google it, and learn the concept, and then come back to the problem and solve it with a more confident mind and a better approach. And sometimes, people drop a video or two on YouTube giving hints on how to solve the problem, which can be very handy for beginners like me :slight_smile: Also, I do appreciate the level of questions Codechef is providing us with. They aren’t that hard if we know the concepts and the theory part :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is the point of CoMPetiTiVe then ?

1 Like

Point is, if you want to do real CP do the short challenges, but if want to have the time to learn an entirely new concept and solve alien problems go for Long challenges. There’s no harm in learning a hard concept being a beginner and trying to come up with a solution. Codechef always highlights this fact that Long Challenges are mostly for slow programmers and beginners especially. So why not?! I learnt entirely new concepts during this Long Challenge. I spent my whole day in my PC trying to understand the concepts, made multiple wrong attempts in the problems. I got a good learning opportunity ! But my problem is, I’m slow and I’m a beginner, all I know is logics and DSA. Beyond that there are a hundred concepts which I need to cover and long challenges are helping me do that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Man leave it. I checked all of your solutions, but most of them match with solution of other people. I wonder what kind of learning you are trying to do

1 Like

looking at your submissions i wonder if you could even solve dual area or shortest route. Forget Learning hard concepts. Yes you are beginner no doubt about it. But you are not a great problem solver. Knowing all DS and Algo still can’t help you solve a problem if you have 0 problem solving skills. So lets leave it here, your submissions speak an entirely different but true story of yours

1 Like

Learning new topics doesn’t mean copying solutions.

lol u literally stuffed DUALDIST solution and it matches hundreds of solutions . is that what u want to learn during 10 days?
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/47757694

report to admin. Just like i did. and don;t worry. a list of all leaked solutions were mailed to admin much before the contest ended.
So whenever they do moss, they will foonk this guy’s rating.

1 Like

yeah do all this but please conduct those long challenges