Need a career advice

Hi there,

I am currently in my second year of engineering and have been doing competitive coding for about 6 months and also getting fluent with Data Structure and Algos. I have also completed a course on web development and completed a minor internship in it. Now should I keep on studying web development or switch to some other field ( like ML or cloud computing etc) which the top companies nowadays demand so that i could land up in a good company.

2 Likes

if your really good in frontend technologies with frameworks included and done some own projects. Move on to backend learn python do learn data science and ai with it .

2 Likes

I think you should switch to some other In demand fields like AI and ML because web development is pretty common these days , people use wordpress and other Drag and drop type websites to make to make their website , so its better you switch to something else !

2 Likes

Lol pretty common huh? where you have seen college seniors learning vuejs or reactjs or some frameworks or building a data visualization sites using apis ? Its not pretty common its pretty hard to getstarted and learn responsive design for a while ( ui & ux too ) .wordpress and such drag and drop sites arent used by many MNC companies .

1 Like

It would be a good idea to switch to ML as it is in demand. If you are looking from company perspective, ML has a little higher impact than web dev.

1 Like

Well i have been working with react js since last two years now and i have seen many of my seniors working with on it too . When you are to compare the ratio you will come to know that only 1 of 100 know ML and AI and about 10 of 100 knows Web Development . So its better he chooses what pays him more and according to me Its ML . Now its on him what he decides to do …

Which university are you from?

LOOK FOR MY NAME IN RATING ALL AND CLICK ON IT AND TADAAAAAA!!

However getting a job in ML is comparatively difficult as compared to web dev

1 Like

Try exploring few other fields and see what can you do better… After all doing excellent web development would be better than doing worst in ML or vice versa… do what you like to do after trying everything…