Need some sources to build fundamentals

Kindly tell me some good sources to learn some programming theory which can be applicable for programming competitions.

Refer this for notes and sample problems links :

Refer this for visual explanations:

hope dis helps u : http://www.geeksforgeeks.org/ !!

1. Start by reading any book (This is crucial for building fundamentals)
  2. Then go for reading online videos, articles, or lectures, because the size of these online resources is HUGE and you cannot target to go through every article, and it should not be. These articles or videos are kind of very specific to problems or tricks and they assume you know the basics and you just need some tricks to enhance your skill set.

For building fundamentals, the good old approach of reading books is the one I would like to suggest.

See I have just started competitive programming and I found these resources very helpful to build my fundamentals

MIT OCW : Yes it awesome especially lecture on dynamic programming

HackerEarth: They have a structured syallabus for learning as well as practicing algorithms as well as data structures

Hope it helps…

for DS u can refer this playlist on youtube Introduction to data structures - YouTube …dis is an awesome tutorial…!! Even i have learned from dis playlist !!

@godslayer12 don’t worry you will get upvote from your friend natsudragneel

Please atleast give a search on forums before asking such questions. This is, i think the 3rd such Q this month alone. :confused:

1 Like

Haha exactly my point :stuck_out_tongue:

What do you mean ?

FOUND DUPLICATE :

https://discuss.codechef.com/questions/100638/stalled-progress-in-cp

Sorry for the hassle, @vijju123 close the question please

It can be kept open for anyone who wishes to help. I just felt you can instantly get an answer by searching, so why wait? Thats all dear ^^

don’t act smart

Probably CLRS can be a good book for learning how algos work

Please mail admin if you have a problem with me rather than creating a havoc here.