Need Suggestion which website to start Competitive Programming?

I am suffering from frustrations to select the website where to start Competitive Programming. Geeksforgeeks, Codechief, Codeforces?
which one please help I’m in vein and pain.

I am also in learning phase and according to me the preparation page for CCDSAP - Learn Data Structures and Algorithms | DSA tutorials | CodeChef is a good way to start and progress in CP.

3 Likes

You can do questions from SPOJ with maximum submissions. And this is also a nice website http://cp-algorithms.com/ for algorithms and data structures.

2 Likes

SPOJ is the best , but it will be better to do practice at AtCoder & Beginner and Easy Level Codechef problems then move to SPOJ. In Atcoder Beginner contest try to solve upto problem D , after some time you can start giving try to problem E also :blush:

3 Likes

hackerrank is the best and beginner friendly.

3 Likes

As a beginner I tried CC Long Contests (studying editorial post contest) and GfGs free courses.
Afterwards try Cookoffs, Codeforces or A2 online ladder.
I think one should not stick to a single site rather learn from each one.

3 Likes

This is nice approach but not always work as some people start solving Codechef beginner level question ,but when they feel the remaining questions are hard then they move to another site and solve only easiest question there also , and repeat it again. We all know this trick doesn’t gonna help in any way.

1 Like

ThanQ brother for your support

1 Like

ThankX to all of my brothers for your precious tym wasted for me… I’m doing mixed Codechef, codeforces and Geeks.

Bro first start from hackerank …it just amazing for beginners , actually the problem with codechef for beginners is the questions are very long. The first and most important thing in programming is to do the problem no matter what complexity is that , and codechef generally not allowed bcz it have some subtask and if one file fails then whole result is 0 , and the person felt demotivated , ( same here with me) now in the mean time of continuously practicing try codechef long challenge no matter how much question u did, no matter the rating increases or decreases , try hackerearth circuits ( just like long) and most important thing read everyday geeks for geeks article it consist daily 10 articles on coding which is basically the question from previous contest of different coding website,
Here is a quote which inspire u alot —
Try try try , there is no option other than that…it changes everything, :blush::slight_smile:
Keep coding no matter what…

3 Likes

Specify please hackerrank or hackerearth?

Start with hackerrank, but do long contest of both hackerearth and codechef

1 Like

ThanQ for your valuable suggestion. Bro I will do long contest on hackerearth thats clear but what I need to do in Hackerrank?

Try from basics, it will boost your confidence…

1 Like