New Feature - WA Test cases

Much awaited feature :slight_smile:
Thanks Chef

4 Likes

Good for newbies while struggling for finding testcase.

1 Like

Running something for free is not always a feasible option. In the end, there are a lot of people working to run the platform who should be paid for their work.

2 Likes

Not working for recent contest problem.
UPD: CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
Please help me with this. Feature can’t find a testcase where the solution fails , neither can I. If that’s not the case I think solution should be correct.

Consider this test case:

STDIN

9 2
8 6
8 2

Expected Output

Your Output

5 Likes

It Is Taking More Than Usual, Your Result Will Come Soon…

Nice Feature, this would be very much helpful.

There was an issue with the test case finder. It is fixed now. You can try again.

2 Likes

Actually thats a really good feature :slight_smile: … because till now we never knew where we are failing and giving a test case to check our corner cases would be great … and the best part we won’t be given a full testcase that requires a lot of time , but the case where it gave WA… nice :slight_smile:

Bestest update till now, appreciable feature. :grin:

3 Likes

Hey guys, wouldnt this make competitive programming a pay to win?:thinking:

1 Like

@itsmemayank - common man. Have some faith in us. Contests will be a free arena.

1 Like

I feel they should limit the number of times one can use this feature in a month. Say, around 20 free debugs and then charge based on the usage :joy:.

3 Likes

Thanks MasterChef. I’m sure this feature attracts more people to solve the problem, who generally have no idea after getting WA repeatedly. Keep Coding, have your moral high while solving tougher problems. Thank you…

2 Likes

It is a very useful feature. Often I have understood the solution of a problem which uses a different approach, but without understanding where exactly was my approach going wrong. This feature will calm many frustrated minds.

1 Like

Finally …
Thanks chef.

I really like this idea… since most people would like >20 debugs a month, this would sufficiently incentivize premium imo

In my opinion codechef was already best coding website because of sufficient time to solve problems and the discussions are always relevant unlike codeforces. And now this feature

1 Like

very nice

This feature has some bug. I found this in today’s cookoff contest.