New Feature - WA Test cases

Hey, thanks for letting me know this. I did got an AC after handling global variable.

Thanks for reporting. We’ll fix this.
The issue is that your code is correct when it is run on every test case individually. But when it is run on the entire test file, it gets a WA. This is because you are not re-initializing the j variable to 0 inside each test case’s loop, and you do not have a new line after some test cases.

1 Like

Not working on a starter 44 problem :
Link to that problem : NOPAL2 Problem - CodeChef
Link to my submission : CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

Clearly the image shows that I got only a WA still this debug feature is not working.
@suman_18733097 Can you help me figure out why this is happening ?

I crashed my laptop in an attempt to find a test case where your code fails :expressionless:. I don’t know how the backend of Codechef’s debugger works. Maybe, you can try a new approach and see if that works.

Thnx a lot for giving it a try !!

Can somehow i let the admin know this debugger issue btw ?
seems like you couldn’t find one testcase as well ??
Even I tried testing but failed to find any single testcase :slightly_smiling_face:

I tested your code against all strings having length \le 4. My laptop crashed when testing against strings of length 5. You can tag the admin (@admin ) and explain the problem.

As mentioned in the first post of this thread:
“This is currently not live for problems for problems with custom judges.”

This is such a problem, and hence the WA Debugging feature isn’t enabled for this problem.

what does it mean “custom judges” ?
will it be available in the near future ? @admin

@code_monkey003 - Custom judges means problems where multiple outputs are possible. Like NOPAL2 where multiple rearrangements of the string can be output.
Currently this feature handles predefined output. This will be handled in the near future

1 Like

Ye we are just scapegoat’s who is testing their beta feature and then testing is done its gonna be Paid feature :smiling_face_with_tear: lets hope they don’t do that

Hey if I m able to explain you my approach can you help me find out a flaw in it for NOPAL2 ??

It would be better to seek help in the editorial post than here. It would gain attention - setter or editorialist may help too.

We won’t be able to do this during a contest right ?

Obivously

I was waiting for this decision. finally, it’s now…

That wasn’t particularly a prediction. It had been explicitly stated right when we launched, just as with Doubt Support. Just see the topmost post of this thread:

“Currently, the ‘Debug my code’ feature is free for all users. At some stage, we will migrate this to our list of premium features to support and sustain the platform.”

Oh sorry my bad

I know this debug feature is somehow good only for beginners (1* or 2*) not for those who are leveling up for (3* to 5*), its because they will never try to figure out those edgy cases by themselves in their learning curve.
On the other hand this feature is very useful in tricky test cases of lengthy problems
So overall it may be fruitful for some of us.

1 Like

A serious issue is when your program fails on very large inputs you can never see the complete input because its truncated on html display. See attached for explanation.

without that its pointless because it doesn’t really help debug.
Untitled