New UI in contest problems - Feedback Thread

We launched the revamped version of our practice problem page sometime back.

Today, we revamped the problems for the ongoing contests. The problem statement and IDE are now visible side by side. The width of both the sections can be modified and can be made full screen. Comments and Other users’ submissions have been added as separate tabs. The “More Info” and “Contributors” sections at the bottom provide further information.

In case if you want to revert to the older problem UI, you can do so by clicking on the Switch to Old Contest Page link at the top.

Scored/Unscored tag is visible next to the problem name at the top along with attempted/unsolved/solved status.

Do let us know your feedback in the comments.

6 Likes

Is there a way I can set problem opening in the old style as default? any setting or something?
Also, the competitive companion extension is not parsing problems from the new contest(June Long 2)problem’s page, I am looking into it, but I feel the problem is at Codechef’s end with js objects that are parsed, old contest problems (STARTERS 48 and earlier) are easily being parsed by CC extension.

6 Likes

No, we don’t plan on adding it, since we will be deprecating the old page in the near-future. So it’ll be great if you can mention what it is that you dislike in the new UI.

1 Like

Are you talking about https://www.codechef.com/contests ?

Maybe we can turn off the IDE with one click, and get back it with the same click. (or better if we can turn on or turn off the IDE for all problems, currently from the full-screen option we can’t submit). IDE option is very good for beginners.

6 Likes

Thanks, that’s a very fair point. We’ll see how we can make the experience better for people who don’t use the IDE. Something like integrating the Submit section to the statement section, when the statement section is Full Screened. But since it’ll probably involve a fairly large change, it will take time to implement.

1 Like

Is it possible to add option to modify height of IDE without making it full-screen?

1 Like

I don’t like the way scroll bars works in right hand side. For small screen size display it really gets annoying to navigate the page using two different scroll bars put side-by-side. Please take a look into that.

The UI is good.
But, the loading time is more. It doesn’t respond quickly as it takes time loading the UI.

3 Likes

It’s really good IMO! I really like the modern design.

The new UI is just horrible!

2 Likes

Starters not loading, server crash ig

1 Like

yeah same mate

1 Like

Instead of introducing useless stuff maybe you guys should focus on ensuring site reliability during contests so that one can atleast read questions…

6 Likes

Regarding STARTERS-49 Unrated right? (or extension of time of contest)
Alteast notify !

20:30 IST: Apologies for the site-issues in the first 15 minutes of the contest. The contest has been extended by 30 minutes, and will remain rated.

In the new UI, element distribution is not that much good, I personally feel. Like when we read the the question during ongoing contest, we want the question to be in complete eye focus, which is better in previous UI I feel.

3 Likes

It will be better if we are able to resize the coding window too (I mean the length between coding and the test case window), just like how we are able to resize problem statement and solution windows.

And sometimes when I submit answer, the coding window doesn’t load.
Other than these two, its pretty good.

2 Likes

The input section is taking half of my screen, so I only have half of the screen to write my code. I know this problem can be solved using the full screen button but I don’t feel comfortable in full screen mode. One solution can be hide the input section while I am writing the code as it is in leetcode. Thank you

2 Likes