NZEC Error Python 2.7

Can anybody please tell all the possible cases in which we receive a NZEC error.Every time I try to submit a problem i receive a NZEC error it is really discouraging receiving this error every time you try to solve a new problem?Please explain the meaning of this error in detail?

Just see this link 1:NZEC ERROR http://www.codechef.com/wiki/faq#Why_do_I_get_an_NZEC

2 Likes

can anybody please help i am getting nzec error while submitting the code of following question
solution is http://code.geeksforgeeks.org/index.php and question is FORGETPW Problem - CodeChef

Please give a link to your sample code so we can correct the mistakes

I have read the FAQ before but i donn’t understand the type of exceptions covered under NZEC error and is it necessary to return 0 in python also… Thanks

Please give a link to your sample code so we can correct the mistakes. It is not necessary to return 0 in most cases. However in some cases you need to define the main function as main(): //code here //return 0.check if this works

@nimishsinghal : It may be possible that your code is not terminating for some particular test cases . if any problem please paste your code , so that we solve it for you.

Solution is f1SjRo - Online Python Interpreter & Debugging Tool - Ideone.com and the question is ONP Problem - CodeChef

@nimishsinghal , First of all just remove the line “input:” you don’t have to print it, and the place where you are popping the element check the size of the stack

1 Like

NZEC is caused when your code throws an exception. check if your code is accessing an invalid element in the list.

I removed the input from second and third line and used n=sys.stdin.readline() instead but it still shows the same error and why there is need to check the size of the stack??There is no exception when i ran the code on my pc and it would be really grateful if you could point out the exception??
Thanks

Put your code after submitting on ideone. Your code is is not visible there

@bansal1232,I updated the code link,now u can take a look
can anybody please help i am getting nzec error while submitting the code of following question solution is B09zQx - Online Python Interpreter & Debugging Tool - Ideone.com and question is FORGETPW Problem - CodeChef