Oct Lunchtime 2019 : Unrated

Is it made unrated now?
I lost my ratings.

2 Likes

Why most of the time lunchtime is unrated?:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Yes. See the announcements section.
3.5 hours wasted. Thanks Codechef!

1 Like

totally wasted

2 Likes

I missed that contest, good to know.

3 Likes

Woah! What a very nice and extraordinary BAD approach to solving such issues? Really?

Make it unrated for only those affected na? Like those who attempted that problem

Rip CC. Codeforces seems best despite their vulnerability of ddos.

@admin @vijju123

P.S : I got -ve ratings for this contest. But I lost something that tells me I failed.
Now I have 1 less stepping stone for my success. :frowning:

5 Likes

“3.5 hours wasted” now that’s the attitude taken of the people who care way too darn much about ratings. As long as I got fun tasks to read and do I’m perfectly content.

2 Likes

Chill out. It doesn’t matter. I’ve got negative ratings too I understand they help us learn. But more important are questions. I give contests only because I can’t get myself to practice question from resources they are boring. Contests are a great way to learn things ( Unless you are aming for Laddus ). Keep it only to that. It won’t take you time to reach a place in the rating graph where you deserve to be ( and to push beyond that). Just focus on the questions. Well this was only for the lunchtime not for the ICPC online round that was a disaster. I have to say that that shouldn’t have happened well I don’t know that was fault of CC or what but it was bad.

3 Likes

There are 10 thousands of good tasks available. These were no special. So yes contest are for ratings.

2 Likes

Sure, keep that line of thinking. Contest tasks provide more of an incentive. Upsolving ones do not.

Hmm so you code only for rating?

Cool brother why are you so emotional Do you know I became 5 star after this Lunchtime for first time and then when I see again when logged in I lost my 5 stars thought have I gone through plagiarism or so but later on it was clear that Lunchtime was unrated next contest will come with better questions we will try next time be motivated rating does not describes you those who were careful of ratings raised voice against kth97 question got what they required at the end it only matters what is that how Much knowledge you have gained not that how much ratings you have gained if you will be 6 star or 6 star on such magnificent sites than your interview will also be of that level , you will be considered superior and the interview will require more of you.

2 Likes

Its the third time I had done the lunchtime and it had become unratedđŸ˜Ș
Why always lunchtime??

3 Likes

Read carefully. I said contest are for ratings. I never said I code just for ratings or whenever I code it’s just during a contest.

For that you have codeforces Instant rating changes, more contests and good questions too. :upside_down_face: I believe CC is a place where you can come visit time to time just to have fun with questions. And to learn to implement new algorithms in Long challenge.

Most important thing why do we code everyone would have their own answer. My answer is it’s good to have a question in your mind every time sleeping eating drinking. Not to be depressed by anything else out there and learning new ways to do things.

p.s. It’s second time for me😅.

5 Likes

Lol. I lost my ratings (-ve) in this Lunchtime. All I care is why unrate it. When I want to compare my progress later, all those dots in the graph mean a lot and help in analysis.

Also, the worry is My guruji came no.1 in this lunchtime and became world no.8. Now again he went back to world no.15. :frowning:

Be Cool and code as much as cool as you can what was important solving those questions or losing or gaining ratings Happy Coding Sir you are older than me I can’t guide you :blush:

@admin On a very serious note, I think cc should consider revamping their team, especially decision makers. It’s one thing if such issues happen in 1-2 odd contest but it seems as if such serious issues happening in every other cc organized contests. These issues definitely dampens one’s motivation to participate in a cc organized contest next time

5 Likes