[OFFICIAL] Live DSA Learning Session 3 - Contest 2 - Part 1

Hi everyone,

This is a continuation of the series which happened this Thursday

So in this DSA Learning series , we plan to conduct some live sessions.

A session would generally be conducted by 1-2 volunteers and would be a live discussion (via text + video). The main purpose of these sessions would be to discuss the theory topics and then move on how to go about solving the problems of the contest.

For week 2, the 1st session is as follows:

• Topic:
    Live problem solving of the contest + QnA.

• Brief Description:
    I will be solving a few problems from contest 2 . These problems are new to me and I will be solving them for the first time. The goal of this session is to give the participants an opportunity to see how I go about making observations, constructing an algorithm, and finally writing code to solve a problem.

• Pre-requisite:
    None. Recommended going through the reading material of linear data structures here .

• Session volunteer:
    Aryan Agarwala

• Date-Time:
    6 PM IST, 12th April 2020 (Sunday)

• Duration:
    2-2.5 hours

• Platform for video conferencing:
    Zoom Meetings limited 100 seats
    Rest of the participants can join live on CodeChef’s YouTube channel

• To register:
    If you are interested just register by clicking on the Going button below the topic title at the top and Add it to your calendar for a reminder so that you don’t miss it :slight_smile:
    Entry to the session on Zoom will be on a first come first serve basis.

• Note from CodeChef:
    — These sessions are hosted by our volunteers. Kindly respect their efforts and time.
    — In case of any doubts, please post in the comments.

[Update1] Zoom meeting details are sent to the registered users via Discuss message. You can access this message from the top right corner by clicking on the profile icon and in the dropdown click on the message button to find the message.

[Update2] Catch the session live on YouTube here: - YouTube

[Update3] Please share your feedback for the session here: CodeChef DSA Live Learning Session 3 - Feedback form

6 Likes

Can anyone Please tell me How I can join these only zoom sessions. I have joined the whatsapp group also. Please If anyone can help its an Humble request.

1 Like

how to join the whatsapp group??

It is given Above in the Page

Could someone please tell me the name of the algorithm that is used while solving the questions rectangle and chefs in queue so that I may practice more problems on the same.

3 Likes

Hey, I don’t think this algorithm has any particular name. If you want to learn this algorithm, you can do so at this link:

Here is another problem based on this algorithm, I’ll try to send more if I find:

3 Likes

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/yQMnn4g9sF/
verdict:TLE
problem:CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

can you give whatsapp number, i don’t even have whatapp number,please