A session would generally be conducted by CodeChef volunteers and would be a live discussion (via text + video). The main purpose of these sessions would be to discuss the theory topics and then move on how to go about solving the problems of the contest.
For Contest 7, the 1st session is as follows:
Topic: Theory discussion + Live problem solving of 1 - 2 problems of contest 7 + QnA
The current plan for the session is as follows (this list may change, I will keep it updated):
- Writing an exponential time brute force solution for a problem
- Analysing the states and transitions that we can created in this function
- Optimising calculations of states using DP
- Discussing Kadane’s Algorithm, 0/1 Knapsack Problem, and other such standard uses of Dynamic Programming.
- Discussing various “standard” 1D/2D/3D DP states and recurrences
- Analysing the time complexity of a DP solution
- Optimising DP transitions
- DP vs Greedy - When to use which.
- Problem Discussion + QnA`
Recommended having gone through the reading material of this week here
05:00 PM IST, 31st May 2020 (Sunday)
1.5 - 2 hours
Platform for video conferencing:
Zoom Meetings limited 100 seats. Entry to the session on Zoom will be on a first come first serve basis.
Rest of the participants can join live on CodeChef’s YouTube channel .
If you are interested just register by clicking on the Going button below the topic title at the top and Add it to your calendar for a reminder so that you don’t miss it
Note from CodeChef:
— These sessions are hosted by our volunteers. Kindly respect their efforts and time.
— In case of any doubts, please post in the comments.
Zoom meeting details:
Topic: [OFFICIAL] Live DSA Learning Session 8 - Contest 7 - Part 1
Time: May 31, 2020 05:00 PM India
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 884 7558 2533
Catch the YouTube Live stream here:
Kindly share your valuable feedback here -