Partially Correct Answer

Why showing partially correct ans although my code is giving correct output?
Question:CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
Code:
n=int(input())
l=list(map(int,input().split()))
s=0
for i in range(n):
for j in range(i,n):
d=abs(l[i]-l[j])
s+=d
print(s)

Sorry the indentation wasn’t copied…

@shilpa_233
your logic is not right
refer following python code for better understanding of the logic

N=int(input())
x= list(map(int, input().split()))
x.sort()
s=sum(x)

p=0
for i in range(N):
    s=s-x[i]
    p+=s-((N-1-i)*x[i])
print(p)

Sorry, but am not able to understand where am wrong and the logic in the program you have sent. Could you pls explain the logic?

@shilpa_233
it will give u tle because of high value of constraints
So O(n^2) time complexity won’t work .
the acceptable time complexity would be O(nlogn).

Your code seems to be calculating the sum of absolute differences between all pairs of elements in the given list. However, the problem statement from CodeChef might have specific requirements or constraints that your solution does not adhere to, leading to a partially correct answer.

If you’re confident that your approach is correct and it passes your test cases, there might be some nuances in the problem statement or the evaluation process on CodeChef that you’re not considering.

Here are a few suggestions:

1. Check Constraints: Ensure that your solution adheres to the constraints mentioned in the problem statement. If there are any constraints on the input size, you should consider optimizing your solution accordingly.
  2. Read the Problem Statement Carefully: Ensure that you are interpreting the problem statement correctly. Sometimes, there might be specific conditions or requirements that are easy to overlook.
  3. Sample Test Cases: Try your code on the provided sample test cases and additional test cases to ensure it handles various scenarios.
  4. Seek Clarification: If the problem statement is unclear or if you have doubts, consider seeking clarification from the problem setter or the CodeChef community.