Plagiarism during long challenge!

Oh, didn’t think of it that way. Agreed. Mailing didn’t come to my mind at that time, my fault.

7 Likes

Is this going to be unrated?

permanently banned :slight_smile:

11 Likes

So many things are happening in this world! :no_mouth:

But may be he make new I’d and do same thing…

May a thing known as self-respect would stop him from doing such things in future!

4 Likes

There was AUG19, and then there is DEC19. Plagiarism is really touching new heights with time.

I was wondering if the rank list will update after all the plagiarism issues have been resolved? And following that if the ratings will update too? And since a few accounts have been deleted (example: @happydude, who was among the cheaters at #20), how does that affect the final rank list?

@admin , @vijju123 and the Codechef mods,

I have touched upon this suggestion in one of the other posts too and will explain it all in detail here.

Firstly, I think Codechef should have a plagiarism rating (from 1 to 10). Each type of plagiarizing should have a level between 1 to 10, and each level should have its own effects. Examples:

1. Level 10 means permanently banning the accounts.
  2. Level 8 means banning the accounts for 1 month or so and decrease their laddus/rating.

These are just examples, it is up to you all to decide the level of each plagiarism and their effects.

So this method takes care of all the people who are plagiarizing with their Codechef accounts and all.

Now, the point comes to plagiarizing in GitHub, Youtube, Codeforces and all. This is quite easy. Whenever someone posts solution to the contests, other people will see it (of course). Now there are always people who are honest and not copy the solutions but instead tell this to the admin and all, or in the discuss forum. Problem solved, just ban them from the community forever.

Okay, 75% solved. These people will be creating new accounts and doing the same stuff. I have a solution for that too:

You make a list of all the banned accounts. Now if the IP address of one banned account meets this new one, just display a message that the user id can’t be formed.

Results:

1. If people want to participate in Codechef, they will stop it at once
  2. If they don’t, they can do it a mere few times, coz they won’t have so many devices for sure. Else they have to waste their own money buying some :slight_smile:, which I know many won’t.

P.S: I am not “like” hungry, but if you want to support this, support it.

8 Likes

No accounts were deleted by codechef man… He deleted himself because he was caught…

You cannot delete your account just like that I guess, what I meant was he (well he mentioned a dude so I assume it’s a he, don’t judge me on that) might have been aware of the mistake and he might have requested them to delete his profile. I agree that it was voluntary because CodeChef checks for plagiarism only after the contest ends, so it might take a few weeks before that resolves. Seems like he was not the waiting type :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I reached 5 stars this time and it took me allmost 6 months and a lot of hard work to reach there from 4 star. I request codechef to take some strict legal action because the content creator is making the answer out in a live contest. I request codechef team to leave this contest rated but also take some legal action towards the coontent creator.

congo bro for being 5star coder and as admin have said they will take different measures to prevent plagiarism on future contest so have some faith .

Can’t we just be chill like codeforces ? :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

yep that’s what i always say :stuck_out_tongue:

Long Challenges are turning worse.
Problems get solved exponentially in the last three days. :slight_smile:
Those , who have worked hard from the first day, step down in the rank list. :slight_smile:

This is really unfair. :confused:

8 Likes