Plagiarism is increasing day by day

ignore all these and just give your best and try to solve max problems.if any concept you don’t know,there is very much time to learn the algorithm/technique required for it.The problems are very nice and will boost one’s confidence if he/she tries their own. Long challenge is very nice concept to learn and apply the concepts which are totally new to you…All the best

yes i think this option is great , we can have time limits for every questions then after time it will become unscorable

People still are not understanding the true sense of Long Challenge.
It is made for those who are working and have tight schedule. They might not be free to attempt in the initial days. Therefore it is a 10 days challenge and includes a weekend. Still people here without knowing anything keeps on suggesting dumb ideas.

You can go and read on other threads the same discussions and then maybe start a new one or comment

i agree. all those people saying contest should be unrated is not good, as many people invest 10 days to get better ratings and not everyone is a cheater. I myself have decided to solve short contests. If you have a problem, you may also do so instead of complaining and whining. PEACE!

@ssrivastava990 does that too :slight_smile:

bro you are right ,this contest is hard ,i was f**king stuck on the third question for two days which was kind of devastating but what was even more devastating is seeing the rapid change in the no of people who have solved the problem :expressionless:

The motive of long Challenges is to learn new things and implement them but some of them are using the given time for cheating rather than solving questions on their own and learn from it.They might increase their rating but not their knowledge.They don’t know how it feels when you get AC on your own.How it motivates to solve more problems.

1 Like

That would significantly reduce participation in long contest.And , long contest being the major contest ,this is not the way to go.
Yes,plagiarism is increasing, for that I would suggest a daily moss check for high similarity like 98%+ and remove them then and there only and also prevent them from further submissions for the rest of the contest would be a better idea.

3 Likes

Codechef should do plagiarism check after every long contests and I don’t think they did this time as the ratings were updated just after the contest ended.People who were caught in plagiarism on feb 18 were penalised in 2020 maybe we can except them to take necessary actions by 2022.:sweat_smile::expressionless:

2 Likes

Exactly and for this reason I will only give short contests on codechef. They will never listen to us :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like