Please help me for understand the problem statement of MIKE3

I didn’t understand the problem statment . please help me to understand this problem with example what problem want to say? Problem_link

Example Input:

5 6
3 1 3 5
2 1 2
2 1 5
3 2 3 5
1 4
2 3 5

Output: 3

Explanation:
you have 5 stamps to sell.
you have 6 buy offers. These want to buy the following Stamp IDs
1st: [1 3 5]
2nd: [1 2]
3rd: [1 5]
4th: [2 3 5]
5th: [4]
6th: [3 5]

You want to maximize the amount of accepted offers. Therefore accepting the offers 2, 5 and 6 is the best. This way you will sell the stamps [1 2 3 4 5]. (Note: you maximize the amount of accepted offers, not the amount of sold stamps)

More Testcases

Input:

6 6
3 1 2 3
3 2 3 4
3 4 5 6
2 3 4
2 2 6
2 1 5

Output: 3
Input:

4 6
1 1
1 2
1 3
1 4
2 1 2
2 2 3

Output: 4
Input:

5 6
2 1 2
2 2 3
2 3 4
2 4 5
2 1 2
2 2 3

Output: 2

2 Likes

You have N unique stamps and there are total M buyers who want to buy these stamps. Each buyer wants to buy some certain stamps only. You have to choose to which buyers you should sell the stamps so that you have maximum number of buyers. One type of stamp can only be bought by only one buyer.
Note: You can choose a buyer if and only if you have all the stamps that he wants.
For eg:
If Buyer 1 wants to buy stamps A, B, C, E and buyer 2 wants to buy stamps B, D. Then you can sell the stamps to only one of them as they both want to have stamp B and you only have one stamp B.
Conclusion: If there are buyers who have a conflict in the stamps they want, you can only sell it to one of them.

2 Likes

yeah now I am understand but in last test case there is something wrong .

1 Like

Yes, the testcase will be -
5 6
2 1 2
2 2 3
2 3 4
2 4 5
2 1 2
2 2 3
OUTPUT: 2

thanks buddy !!!

1 Like

Mike is a stamp collector who wants to sell some of his stamps to maximize his profit. He has N stamps in his collection and has received M offers from potential buyers.

Each offer is described as a set of stamps that the buyer wants to purchase. The description includes the number of stamps the buyer wants (Ki) and the specific stamps they are interested in (Ai). The stamps in each offer are listed in ascending order.

Mike needs to choose a set of offers to accept, considering the following rules:

• He cannot accept offers partially. If he accepts an offer, he must sell all the stamps included in that offer.
  • Since Mike only has one copy of each stamp, he can sell each stamp to at most one buyer.

The goal is to help Mike maximize the number of offers he can accept, which will maximize his profit.

You need to write a program that takes the number of stamps (N) and the number of offers (M) as input. Then, it reads the descriptions of the M offers. Finally, the program should output the maximum number of offers that Mike can accept.

For example, if the input is:
4 3
2 1 2
2 2 3
2 3 4

This means that Mike has 4 stamps and received 3 offers. The first offer is to buy 2 stamps (stamps 1 and 2), the second offer is to buy 2 stamps (stamps 2 and 3), and the third offer is to buy 2 stamps (stamps 3 and 4).

The program should determine the maximum number of offers that Mike can accept and output that number. In this case, the output would be 2, indicating that Mike can accept two offers.

I hope this explanation helps you understand the problem in simpler terms. Let me know if you have any further questions!