Posting Solutions of Live Contests: Please Stop

Hello Everyone.
My message:Watch this please
(Above video is my request (and reason) to stop all this)
I already once made a video of the cheating that happened in April Long 2020 and May Long 2020 and I thought it would stop but to my surprise,it increased.
I was making video tutorials and on youtube I saw so many channels posting solutions when the contest is still going on.
Now we can’t really stop them but my message is to the people who are watching those videos,trust me I can give you 5 reasons from the top of my head about how watching those solutions can (and in many cases will) ruin your career.
Moreover it hurts the morale of other coders who work hard to get a good rating.
Codechef is a really good platform,don’t let its name go to garbage.
If these people don’t stop, sadly I will have to.
I made Codechef the movie,the main purpose of which was to show the plagiarism(although I did so as a joke).
I have again recorded a video as a message,requesting people to stop this.
As I felt the best way to communicate this is through my own channel.
Thank You.

16 Likes

yes…I have been going on and on about the same.
And in the midst of this, there are people who want to create offline groups to discuss problems and dm each other and what not :dizzy_face:

9 Likes

Guys it defeats the entire purpose of doing CodeChef if the only thing you learn and do i cheat.
Practice…upsolve…if you don’t understand something, watch tutorials and editorials but don’t cheat

Ratings do not matter, if you can’t actually solve problems

10 Likes

I mean like, try to learn the concept on your own…

4 Likes

That is why I stopped participating in Long contests. There are so many discord servers that encourage plagiarism. I wish codechef excluded long contest from impacting the ratings.

5 Likes

Agree

1 Like

Posting this is also letting others know who were not aware.

4 Likes

Delete this post. You are just making it more difficult for beginners who are honestly doing it as cheaters will now search even if they were not aware about it. It’s a humble request, delete this.

1 Like

I logged off sorry,actually those who cheat will do it anyway,I just wanted to discourage it.

1 Like

Isn’t it possible to cancel the accounts of anybody who posts solutions early? Even if the accounts are not directly identifiable from the posts or videos, they should be identifiable from the posted solutions.

2 Likes

everyone is quite aware that cheating exists…
Also, its there loss…they may score a good rating in short-term, but how do you think they are gonna cheat when they are asked to do backend operations and debug codes to get part in internships and jobs?

If anyone cheats, they lose out on the knowledge.WATCHING TUTORIALS TO LEARN A CONCEPT IS OKAY< BUT DOING IT TO INCREASE YOUR RATING MAKES YOU THE DUMBEST MATERIALISTIC PERSON AROUND

2 Likes

@aberent
that’s a good logic, but no…
They post EXPLANATIONS of how to do the problem, not the solution.
THIS INCREASES THEIR VIEWERS, TOO (since posting a code in a certain language will help a lesser number of people [unless they are crazy enough to copy a code in another language] than posting an explanation which everyone can use)

1 Like

As i said, you CANNOT stop cheaters from cheating…
The whole point is to be true and honest to yourself and your conscience…
If you (as in someone) are satisfied with not knowing how to solve a problem, but just copy-pasting solutions (knowing that it would cost you an heavy toll someday), then you are the one responsible for the ruin you have brought upon yourself
Everyone needs to understand, CORRUPTION and CHEATING are not things that can be eradicated…it’s in human nature

WHAT YOU CAN DO IS BE HONEST TO YOURSELF AND TO GOD
Cheat if you want to, but know that it will lead you nowhere

1 Like

Also, if you’re up to the task of stopping others from creating platforms that may lead to uncontrollable cheating, stop the people who are creating whatsapp and telegram groups to discuss problems

The post’s name is “somethin something…same level programmer”

That’s true,they will learn it the hard way.

1 Like

ikr…i mean, you can not cheat your way out of a job interview now, can you?

“BE HONEST AND DON’T CHEAT” and you shall be rewarded by excelling at all stages of life and becoming successful

Cheat now and you shall never gain a decent living

@ cheaters, requesting you to mend your ways
It is never too late, until it is

The best way is to stop giving Long Challenges and stop stalking at ratings, if you want to improve problem solving skills try past
cookoff’s or
Ltime Problems or
Google KIckstart / Codejam or
codeforces educational rounds or
Atcoder Regular Contests C/D/E problems and Atcoder Begineer Contest C/D/E/F or
Codeforces DIV2/3 rounds and try practising all problems of a contest.
And last but not the least try solving 200 problems of CSES - CSES Problem Set - Tasks or
Try SOlving Additional problems at Cses.

Even if you have less time filter Hard problems at GFG practice section with Amazon, Google , Facebook,and other your dream companies and give Leetcoding Challenges

I guarantee of better improvement and better motivation instead of spending 10 days for sheer mathematical 10 problems.
I hope I am clear rest all depends on you
ANd never obbess over ratings which is most weird thing here at codechef.

Yeah…
Short Contests are better.

2 Likes

agreed

1 Like

okay :+1: