Query Regarding Interactive Problem

I actually wanted to know that if there is any way to know that my program is asking extra queries from judge than what’s mentioned in constraints?

1 Like

It will show WA(-1.000000)

If you can see what the judge is asking, then what's the point of the question? :thinking:

1 Like

Your program will terminate when upper limit of queries finish.

Whenever you make a query, count it in a variable and after that check its value.
If the value exceed what it’s given in the constraints, print ‘1/0’. This way you will get an RE instead of WA.

3 Likes

Value can never exceed what is given in the constraints. The judging automatically stops when upper limit of queries is exhausted. I tried it .

I tried the same thing, however I get a WA (0.0000) instead of a WA (-1.0000). I’m not sure why that’s happening.

If you get WA(0,0000), I guess this means your program has exhausted all queries. WA (-1.0000) means, output format is wrong. I’m not sure though.

No, Actually i am just asking that whether i could get to know that i am exhausting the constraints or not.
for eg, i am allowed to ask k queries and i asked >k queries, then is there any way to detect that.

It works bro… print 1/0 when you are asking the last query. for example if you have a limit of 1000 queries, print it at 1000th query not at 1001st query.

2 Likes

Ok…doing this will get you a RTE. What can you infer from this- Nothing!?

RTE means you are exceeding the number of queries :grin::grin:

Yes it actually worked for me.
Thank’s for the trick :wink:

You’ll get to if you are exceeding the number of queries if you get WA.

if you get WA (-1.000…), it means that your code is asking more queries for a particular subtask