Rating Changes

Why did my rating change after yesterday’s contest even though I didn’t solve a single problem? I did submit 2 wrong solutions but to get in the rankings u have to solve at least one problem isn’t it?

NO, if you have submitted a single problem no matter it is right or wrong you will be considered as a participant in that contest and your ratings will change.

:expressionless:

Great, u did not have a single decrease in rating till 4 stars.

1 Like

i have now :upside_down_face:

1 Like

congrats, it increased again

1 Like

Contest which was held on march 9 I have solved 3 questions with only one wrong attempt my rating decreases by -85
Before contest rating - 1247
After contest rating - 1162

does 1 wrong ans submitted decrese our rating by 85

my rating got decreased by 157 or 151 :joy: :joy:

Your ratings depend on your performance in previous and current contests and expectations from you to perform in your ongoing contest.

A fundamental idea of how the ELO system works is this: Whenever you participate in a contest, you compete in a duel with all other participating players. Based on your current rating and the other participating players’ rating, your probability of winning against each of them is calculated.

Your actual performance is compared against this expected performance, and correspondingly, you gain or lose some points.

Read more about the mechanism here:

1 Like

Can i solve previous contest my rating will increase or anything

No.
In order to modify your rating, you need to participate into a new contest.

But hey! Don’t hurry up. Practicing is part of getting a better rate. :grin: