Rating Increment

How to break the barrier of 1650-1700 rating , i am oscillating between these ratings for last 6 months?
Any suggestions!

Quit giving long challenges.

8 Likes

Hello cubefreak777, as I am a 2 star coder and very new to codechef, why do you think giving long challenges is not good? Can you please elaborate what you want to say?

I didn’t say it’s good or bad, It’s totally up to you. I feel it’s just too hard to keep up with the cheaters unless you’re very smart. Also, not everyone has enough time to burn what it takes to solve a decent amount of problems in the long challenge. But if you like solving hard problems and have plenty of time then definitely long challenges are for you.

2 Likes

What you consider does solving 3 questions out of 8 is a good number for a 2 star new coder?

It doesn’t really matter whether you solve 3 problems or 0 problems. The thing that matters is whether you honestly upsolved the 2 problems above your level which you failed to solve in the contest or not.

4 Likes

I feel lack of confidence and fear of rating decrement for short contests!

I recently thought about this, and I will be giving this a try. This post was at a really good time!

3 Likes

Good thought, I think so and afterwards i will also do take part in short contests more!

1 Like