Rating issues with Codechef

I’m very new to this competitive coding & Codechef overall. I made my account just 10 days ago… Wrote my 1st ever starters 120 contest wherein I was able to solve 5 questions from the given one’s. Next day, I realized I got a rating of 1349 but now I’m seeing it’s 1445. Why like that? Why did my rating increase all of a sudden, just wanna know the reason about it

Obviously I’m happy with this rating & will work for more in future. But need a reason of how +96 happened all of a sudden. also there is a question mark

1 Like

Most probably, some contestants who ranked higher than you were caught cheating an removed from the contest and thus you ranked higher.

The question signifies your current rating is provisional. You read more about that here. In short, it means that your current rating may not be accurate because you have participated in only one contest. It might be your bad day, or a lucky day, or might be just an average day. The question mark will get removed when you have participated in 5 rated contests.

4 Likes

Rating is computed by ranking in the contest, So, if CodeChef removes some from higher rank than urs, ur ranking increases!
Why remove someone who solved it early? Plagiarised!