Received an email for plagiarism

Hi ashutoshkrkush,

We found a few of your codes in CodeChef Starters 36 Division 4(Rated) to be similar to other users’ submissions. We have disqualified all your Submissions. Your rating will be dropped by 275 points as a penalty, and we might also permanently ban some of the cheaters. Here are the solutions we found to be similar:

https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/63768420 - https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/63786485 
It is of the form {link1 - link2}, {link3 - link4} which means that link1 and link2 have been found to be similar (of which, one would be a link to your solution), and link3 and link4 have been found to be similar, and so on. If you have been caught in only one pair, you’ll only see two links.

Let us know within one week if you think you are being wrongly penalized. However, before you do that kindly go through our CodeChef Code Of Conduct, FAQ, and our blog post on the cheating saga below, and make sure that knowingly or unknowingly you have not violated any of those points:

CodeChef Code Of Conduct
FAQ
The Cheating Cases Saga
Please do not write back or approach us if you have violated any of the rules. If you do so, your explanation won't be considered and we will block your account without any intimation. Additionally, ensure that you don't repeat the mistake as your account will definitely be deactivated if caught on the second instance.

Note: If your solutions for other contests also have been removed, it is due to being caught under plagiarism for those contests as well.

Regards,

The Chef

I haven’t cheated. The code is very short and it is just a coincidence that both the codes are similar.

@admin

1 Like

Buddy, i also have been unfairly plagiarised in the same contest in same problem but with someone else. I literally feel now, that this MOSS anti-plag is a dumb algorithm in case of divsion 4 contest. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have also raised an issue about the same.

Chcek this out:

1 Like