Regarding problem setter kmaaszraa

Problem setter @kmaaszraa has many problems which are found similar to other problems. This is a process going since a long time.
Long challenge problem
Doofish matrix was exact same as INTERNATIONAL MATHEMATICS OLYMPIAD just only change was doofish at place of silver find this link.
this
other than this there are several other cases like
ARMY OF ME long challenge which you can find
here
Problem setter was the same…
There was another problem this
which was once again found same.
Of which @aryanc403 mentioned in his one post…
How can a single author has so much of similar problems…
@admin @vijju123 @kmaaszraa

9 Likes

is long not about solving the question on your own?

4 Likes

If you have copied the solution of a crossword puzzle, what have you achieved?

^quote from some project Euler page^

3 Likes

Heey !! I was just sarcastic :grin:

But no one did find it…
as you were quick to delete it.

2 Likes

Unlucky author :frowning_face:

As I wrote in the comments before, DFMTRX was based on a problem I was told a long time ago. It only asked to prove that odd Doofish matrices don’t exist. Later on I solved that even Doofish matrices always exist and I found a construction method. I didn’t know it was solved before but perhaps I should’ve checked it more thoroughly. This mistake, I am to blame for.

The claim about ARMYOFME is pure nonsense as it’s a Russian gym. Furthermore, my problem was originally to partition the [l, r] segment into minimum number of good subsegments. I then realized that the maximum good subsegment inside [l, r] is on of the segments in the partition. So I changed the problem to “find the maximum good subsegment” in the hopes that it would require another step for contestants to solve. The official (my) solution uses this fact and calculates the answer via only binary lifting which is absolutely beautiful instead of the ugly persistent segment trees (with lazy propagation) which most contestants used to solve the problem. The problem you mentioned has even uglier (and less efficient) solution than mine (from the constraints I believe it to be O(N^{1.5} \times log(N))). Even if I knew about this Russian problem and even if it was a famous problem with at least an English statement, it wouldn’t have been bad to have ARMYOFME as well. You can see this problem and this one as a frame of reference, both of which are very famous CF problems. The solutions are entirely different.

I don’t see which problem CRSHIT is similar to. If you mean the USACO one, I once said before that a CookOff’s problems are chosen at least a month prior to the competition. If you don’t believe me ask the admins. Moreover mine was different and harder. I really don’t see how you think I’ve copied it from USACO considering that it was prepared before that contest took place.

It’s sad that DFMTRX is an IMO problem, though I still consider it a success as I got a very positive feedback. I’m sorry that I didn’t search for it enough (which is by the way kind of impossible without knowing the name of the problem). Perhaps I shouldn’t have used it. Other than this, you are just false advertising. Why would I steal a problem? For a 100 bucks? If you want to accuse someone of such a cheap action, at least try to gather some real evidence.

13 Likes