REMOVE PENALITY or CHANGE JUDGE FOR FIRST QUESTION (DISCSHOP)||ACM ICPC19

the first question got corrected after 50min cuz of which i got 3 penalities this was not expected from codechef they should remove penalities for first question or rejudge the question

24 Likes

Yes, You are right.They should remove the penalties.

6 Likes

yes this should be corrected … codechef please see to this

6 Likes

Correct they should remove the penalities :rage::triumph::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::angry:

4 Likes

I also think its correct

1 Like

I think this is not possible . They cannot remove penalties as it will be unfair to do so .
Suppose some team solved in in 30 mins 1 sec with no penalties and some other solved it in 30 mins with 3 penalties after removing penalties the second team will move ahead in ranklist . So that is unfair.

9 Likes

so whats unfair in this they got 3 penalities because the question was not correct and it got correct after bloody 50min they should either rejudge or remove the penalities

3 Likes

what correction was made in 1st ques. i am not aware of it …can anyone tell me ?

1 Like

Coded it within 6 minutes…and got penalties for next 1 hour trying to figure out what’s wrong in the code till the statement was updated…at least they shouldn’t have mentioned that leading zeroes are allowed in the answer .:disappointed:

17 Likes

true cuz of that question my team ranking slipped drastically

1 Like

yes .u r right .they should remove penalties

2 Likes

yes u r right they should remove the penalties of first question…

2 Likes

what were the constraints for the first problem?

1 Like

It also costed me a penalty for this statement due to which I am out of regionals now. I don’ think codechef will do something regarding this as it will just create confusion and its nearly impossible to check of 5k+ of who put 0 first and who did not. So, I would say, dont keep hope

2 Likes

yes the competition would be totally unfair if they consider the first question penalties…at least they should not have mentioned about the leading zeroes…many dreams would break…please see to this codechef :frowning:

3 Likes

I disagree. The sample test cases cleared this confusion. If you look at the sample test cases, we removed 1 from 104 and the expected output was 4, and not 04.

11 Likes

yes this should be corrected … codechef please see to this

But the statement told something else, that we can keep 0s, but I partially agree with you

but it said the answer could have leading zeroes too my dear coder whihch is totally misleading

2 Likes

Yeah, it wasn’t fair.

1 Like