Request for Video Editorials

Codechef have to post video editorials(Average level) for problems of Lunch-time,short,long,etc.so everyone can learn in such a great way.

Please show ur support if u’r agree with suggestion.
give suggestions …
@admin please consider,so we can learn in easy way

Edit -tags+addition+correction

9 Likes

Yes! Codechef should provide video editorials, and it would be more fun and fruitful for beginners like me.

1 Like

me 2 agreed with this… support ON !!

1 Like

Agreed. It will take a lot of effort, but generally someone explaining something in video is quite beneficial. The reason is, while that thing takes ~500 words in typing, it might take just 30sec-1min to cover it up.

Also, one can cover up difficulties of “understanding accent” by using sub-titles (if needed).

It’d be a nice initiative, support it 10/10 !! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Agree to this.

A picture is worth 1000 words.

A video is worth 1000 pictures.

Videos are gonna be more useful for beginners. Would be a much welcomed change.

1 Like

Agreed.
It may be difficult for codechef but if they anyhow could do this,it will be very helpful for many.

2 Likes

Agreed.
@codechef should consider

1 Like

agreed with the proposal.

1 Like

Hi @vivek96,

I actually had this discussion with CodeChef, and they are very interested in the idea. However, they face the following challenges:

1. The content quality has to be good. CodeChef should not and will not associate itself with videos that are not up to their standard.

2. The time to make these editorials is huge. CodeChef is a non-profit and has limited time and resources to invest. Creating video editorials for every long challenge isn’t feasible for them.

They like people taking initiative, and encouraged me to go ahead with my video editorial idea. When I saw that the Feb Long Challenge doesn’t have any, I picked the task up.

However, it might be impossible for CodeChef to officially endorse any of these. Thats the sad reality today.

6 Likes

Even if video editorials could be provided of hard problems still it will be fine. Because I think easy problems(say top 3-4 problem with the highest submissions) are easily understood by editorials.

1 Like

full support…

1 Like

Codechef can provide a section in which there will be video editorials, peoples who have solved the problem and are willing to post the video editorial will post it there and on basis of upvotes, Codechef can gift laddus to that person.

1 Like

thanks for ur support.hope so codechef consider this

thanks for ur support,but we got only 4 upvotes,may be codechef will not consider this

codechef, by no means, give more weightage to suggestion receiving more upvotes or stuff. Its a misconception dear. If admin feels that your suggestion is reasonable, implementable and will be a big hit, they will swiftly implement it. When a suggestion isn’t implemented, then most of the times its because of the constraints they are in. And we must understand that, and possibly help them in any way possible to us :). I hope my point came across amicably to you :slight_smile:

okay,hope so…

wow…@admin check this

do upvote…so we can proove majority

yeah thanks man for ur support

i am agree with u,but if problem setters or codechef provide tutorials on youtube,they can earn from youtube by no of views etc,so its possible,video needs 5-6 minutes and written editorials need more time then videos,if the quality is matter i dont think so that we dont have good coders like u.