Rust compiler upgrade

Hi all. The rust compiler available on the CodeChef platform is quite old, 1.14.0 (Released in 2016). I was wondering what could have been the reasons for not upgrading it for a long time. I think it makes sense to upgrade the compiler to the latest version (as of today, it’s at 1.54.0).

Rust seems like a really interesting language; it will be great to be able to submit solutions in Rust (preferably with the latest language features).

8 Likes

Codeforces has been using Rust version 1.49. It’s not the most recent one, but that also works. There are some changes/extra features in the standard library since 1.14.0 which I think are very relevant for competitive programming. Hoping there is an update. Till that, unfortunately, have to use other platforms. I can understand this might not be the highest priority work item at CodeChef and always appreciate the great work done so far by CodeChef :+1:

1 Like

+1 for this. Is there a way to tag someone from codechef here or is there some other place where we can do such requests.