Sept Long Challenge 2020

I am very new to CP nd this is just my 2nd contest.
was this long challenge good enough to measure your data strucure and logic?

1 Like

The rating and rank you get at the end of the Long Challenges of this months and some previous months shouldn’t be used to measure your performance in my opinion.
I’d suggest giving some short contest too, to really get an idea of where you stand.
Else, you must do a self-analysis of how much effort you put in from yourself on each question of the Long challenge. And, compare it with your previous performance/effort ratios.

5 Likes

If you are a beginner than I think taking too much time on problems is totally fine.
This is also my 2nd Contest.
In August Challenge SKMP problem took my 3 days to think properly.

2 Likes

Completely agree. CP is not all about ratings.

6 Likes

Yeah that’s true but do you think this time’s contest was good enough???

I took 4 days in covid and swaps one lol?

1 Like

kinda same XD

2 Likes

It was my first contest and I found the difficulty to be a little higher then previous long contests. Accuracy of all problems has reduced by leaps n bounds. The quality of problems was really nice. The corner cases of one problem made me think for 4 days lol. But it was nice.

3 Likes

You can measure your knowledge of Data Structures and Algo, but u must give short ones to check ur accuracy, speed, Fast thinking and Clarity.
Long challenges lets you learn a lot of new concepts and DS implementation as you have a lot of time to fiddle with them

1 Like

Ofcourse try to use codeforces short challenge , lunchtime and cookoff .

1 Like

If you wanna measure your skill go to codeforces, or participate in short challenges. If you wanna learn over a span of days and implement those, participate in challenges like codechef long, hackerearth circuits etc :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think this contest is more difficult from the August as in August first three problems are very simple. This is only my opinion.

1 Like